Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford dwellers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 SG-Leper

Bands name is "Leper Messiah" and we're in the hard rock niche :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Can't say I've heard of ye!! Where do you normally play?

misswex wrote:
    Can't say I've heard of ye!! Where do you normally play?

Thought as much :D , we normally play venues in Enniscorthy, Bunclody, Ferns & New Ross in Wexford, play Kilkenny some too, do heaps of Biker rallies too during the year like the Scruffy Necks & Viking Nomads! Starting to play a few rallies in the north now aswell; as I said previously our audience is pretty non-mainstream for the most part

Have never played Wexford town because there isn't a decent rock spot there which is sad to say....ever since they stopped allowing gigs in the arts center its put an end to alot of bands playing there....pity! :(

You can check out our website at http://www.lepermessiah.co.nr

Its been only live since Saturday last so its pretty sparse, I have some work ahead of me with that to get what I want up there, got to find the time to do it soon to! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

SG-Leper wrote:
    Bands name is "Leper Messiah" and we're in the hard rock niche :)
    Ah I know ya!
    You know Darren Griffen, Mick Wall, Shane Cullen, and Aaron Cullen??? Fatal Addiction???

Ah actually I recognise one of the band Members!! And did I hear ye play in Murphy Floods in Enniscorthy by any chance?

• Advertisement

misswex wrote:
    Ah actually I recognise one of the band Members!! And did I hear ye play in Murphy Floods in Enniscorthy by any chance?

Never played Murphy Floods with this lineup but I do know 2 of the guys if not 3 have played the floods before with bands like "The drugstore Cowboys" or "Stranger by Day"

Le Rack wrote:
    Ah I know ya!
    You know Darren Griffen, Mick Wall, Shane Cullen, and Aaron Cullen??? Fatal Addiction???

Those names definitely ring a bell!:D

You played with them in New Ross afaik....
    Didn't get to that gig unfortunately!
    You guys coming back?

Hmmm maybe they were down to play with us but the only bands we have played with in Ross are "Void" and "Divebomb". But I most likely have been chatting to the guys around any gig we have played down there.....I'm usually a drunken slobbering mess.....the only way to play guitar!:D

We'll definitely be coming back down to Ross man probably next month, you guys are the most intense crowd to play infront of....I've never seen an equal!:D

Yeah... that's cuz they're all under age... don't get out much.... and have turned their brains to mush by the device of hash and alcohol...

I'm either at the front screaming and headbanging, with the lads or sitting near the back, with a sulky face on from sheer boredom... depends who's playing...

I've been bored at the gigs since I got my own band going... I just want to play.

Unless, it's at Maiden/Manson... actually I wanted to get up with manson at that too... meh! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 fatladysang

Ahh Great to hear people saying great things about the Stores - I DJ there friday and Sat nights on the 3rd Floor....Everybody involved in the Stores has been working hard to make it one of the best Clubs in the country ..Its going a BOMB...Long may it last...BTW ...Make sure to come over and say Hi the next night your there...

Andrew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

Hey Andrew, Just wanted to compliment you on your taste in music, the girlies and me went out recently to the stores and had the BEST nite, we were on the third floor and you kept us dancing all night, we never stopped, couldn't beleive when it was closing the time went so quick. We don't get to go out that often together what with jobs/kids but the music definatly contributed to a great night so keep up the good work.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 fatladysang

Thank you for that - We had another fantastic night on Saturday Night just passed...

Thanx again WexHun.

Was in The Stores myself on Saturday night and it was packed, couldn't move and we were only in the Bar area.

So if we ever decide to all meet up, could you get us a discount Andrew??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I have a house in tenacre near kilmore village for about 9 months now, nice place, wexford town is good a few decent pubs and clubs dakota is good and the stores aswell, my favourite pub is greenacres it's deadly mostly because it's across from the house!

Yeah you got love the local pub where you can just fall home from!!

Alot of people from Wexford here, never realised it before!!

Yeah all the time I've been here I've hardly seen ten! but now, they're realy coming out of the woodwork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Cousin works in Stores.
    Leper Messiah rock. Went to see them a while ago. Haven't actually been to a concert in a while.

Hey thanks lilmissprincess! :) Must get down to your neck of the woods to play some musak again! ;)

Wehay. Just ensure that a band called "FireGarden" are nowhere near the theatre, nothing empties the place faster than that...and if you must, go on first...

• Advertisement

Wehay. Just ensure that a band called "FireGarden" are nowhere near the theatre, nothing empties the place faster than that...and if you must, go on first...

FireGarden? :eek: They new around? They from Ross? To be honest I haven't heard of em....we normally get Void to play support in Ross, they are very good mates of ours :)

Exactly....oh god the hallelujah song....

Le Rack wrote:
    Fire Garden are the greatest load of bollox, ye want to empty a place quicker than a fire you put them on or Tadhg Blommerde, seriously mass walk out!

I remember we hung out at a rock music school thingie on down in the theatre a while back (round Christmas), do yo know if they played that night!??:rolleyes:

They sound like right works of art then!;)

Um, I don't know. The lead singer( putting it nicely) is about as talented, as um, can't really compare its so bad. He jumps around teh stage like a lunatic, and "sings", his girlfriend on guitar strums a few chords and the place empties out. They seem to be the headliner band, with loads of posters all around Ross, theres three in my school on one notice board!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Leper Messiah are back? Cool!

Hadn't heard that but then I'm in Wexford town and they don't play here.

Best of luck guys and am looking forward to a gig near me!

So how many Wexies are going to Oxegen!
    I'm going camping can't wait, first year ever and even though the line up isn't as good as it's been past years at all, it'll still be mad craic!

At the New Years gig? Went to it but can't remember... don't think they played... I was ever so slightly drunk and looking after two newted friends... among other things.... yeash... anyway! The lead singer is gay, and I don't mean the fun happy, homosexual, cool flamboyant gay, I mean GAY! Twit. Then there's the two transvestites on drums and guitar, the drummer is a *censored* of the highest degree, and the guitarist... well I play better than him and that's saying something, well he's a good guitarist actually it's just the attitude... and everything about him... Then the bassist, well she's got as bout much personality as a broom stick and the dress sense of one... maybe worse...

Yeah all in all they're twits.

Nicely put, but very very true...

RadioRetro wrote:
    Leper Messiah are back? Cool!

Hadn't heard that but then I'm in Wexford town and they don't play here.

Best of luck guys and am looking forward to a gig near me!

I'd love to play Wexford town man.... can you post the likely spots where our music would go down in the town? Thats the biggest problem.... I'm not into bar staff coming over every 2 secs saying....turn down and stuff....they normally get offended when I politely give em the bird! :D

Played the Hog's Head (Murphy's) in Waterford there on Friday and it was awesome, great turn out...place was packed and we played rather well too! :p Playing in Waterford's The Forum in a few weeks (cheap plug :D)

As I said would love to play Wexford town... shout us a mail with where you reckon we would go down man....

http://www.lepermessiah.co.nr

Cheers
    Mikeeeeh

• Advertisement

Le Rack wrote:
    At the New Years gig? Went to it but can't remember... don't think they played... I was ever so slightly drunk and looking after two newted friends... among other things.... yeash... anyway! The lead singer is gay, and I don't mean the fun happy, homosexual, cool flamboyant gay, I mean GAY! Twit. Then there's the two transvestites on drums and guitar, the drummer is a *censored* of the highest degree, and the guitarist... well I play better than him and that's saying something, well he's a good guitarist actually it's just the attitude... and everything about him... Then the bassist, well she's got as bout much personality as a broom stick and the dress sense of one... maybe worse...

Yeah all in all they're twits.

Errr right.... noted :D

Advertisement