Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford dwellers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Just a friendly summary...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

SG-Leper wrote:
    I'd love to play Wexford town man.... can you post the likely spots where our music would go down in the town?

Finegan's on South Main Street opposite the mall into Tesco's - renovated last year and is now no longer a constant climb upstairs, it's all level and great for gigs. They have a monthly comedy club and also put on rock bands.

McDonalds, formerly the Ridge Bar has rock bands regularly.

There are teenage nights in the Dun Mhuire parish Hall, across the road from Finegan's, where four or five bands go on for half an hour at a time, but don't know if you're into that.

That's all I can think of at the mo. Anything else occurs I'll drop you a mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 SG-Leper

Cheers for the info dude! I'll get looking into these places and see if we can get something going on! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Its nearly the weekend again, so what exciting stuff is happening in Wexford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

misswex wrote:
    Its nearly the weekend again, so what exciting stuff is happening in Wexford?

Yeah I will be there;)

• Advertisement

What is bringing you to Wexford, you think we need a little bit of excitement is it? And how exactly will you be bringing any excitement to our dear county?

well I am from Gorey, but live in Dublin and will be out for a friends birthday in Wexford town this weekend!Should be a good laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Hey! I'm from Enniscorthy but don't go back much anymore

Yeah Wexford town is so much better now for going out now that all the refurbishments have been done - you should have a brilliant night!!

Whats Enniscorthy done to you Sean7 that you have abondoned it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

well it stole 17 years of my life so I happily went off to college and I only go back everyone so often to see the family and a few friends

• Advertisement

Anybody know what dakota in wexford town is like! Apparently that is wher I am going tomorrow night?

Dakota's great! I love it. There'll be a band on (can't remember who) with free entry then a DJ. Loads of lovely ladeeeeez and if you smoke you're sorted, the best smoking area in town. Beer is good, although a bit pricey for Wexford (€3.80 for stout, €4.04 for lager). They have the late night licence so stay open until 2.30 (serving stops at 2) although most of the crowd will head on over to sister place the Centenery Stores for the nightclub there (free entry before 11). You'll enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

OK its the weekend, its raining and the kids are climbing the walls, seriously lads when the sun aint shinin theres not alot to do with the icklle ons in Wexford, I know theres a playbarn in Newross but don't fancy the drive, what to do?:(

Isn't there one of those indoor play area thingies in Wexford town? I know I saw one somewhere, but I can't remember where.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

RadioRetro wrote:
    Isn't there one of those indoor play area thingies in Wexford town? I know I saw one somewhere, but I can't remember where.

The library is based there now

So did the kids survive the weekend or did Wexhun crack up under the pressure of trying to entertain children when its raining outside!!

Tune in soon for an update from Wexhun (we hope) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

hey, ya'll giong to the parade! I'm marching.... doing a display by the mayor's box for RTE, don't ya all envy me....! :rolleyes:

I'm not in a parade this year- thank god...I think Anne Marie Cooney has scarred me for life....if Irish dancing hadn't done enough..oh well, this year I get to laugh at the poor suckers who are stuck marching up and down in the lashing rain..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 silverwexford

Hey everyone,

I have been in the web design business for a while now and have previously created the websites for Wexford:

- YoungWexford
    and
    - Inwexford

Both are taken down now.

The reason Im posting here is that I think Wexford needs a 'proper' site for guys like you includiong such things as:

Nightlife (reviews, tips, special offers...),

Things To Do (real interesting fun stuff!)

Message Board(s) (for discusssing and ranting all about Wexford!)

Shopping Guide

and so on...

Can you guys give me some ideas and what you'd like to see up on the site?

With your help, this will be BIG!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 silverwexford

Hey everyone,

I have been in the web design business for a while now and have previously created the websites for Wexford:

- YoungWexford
    and
    - Inwexford

Both are taken down now.

The reason Im posting here is that I think Wexford needs a 'proper' site for guys like you includiong such things as:

Nightlife (reviews, tips, special offers...),

Things To Do (real interesting fun stuff!)

Message Board(s) (for discusssing and ranting all about Wexford!)

Shopping Guide

and so on...

Can you guys give me some ideas and what you'd like to see up on the site?

With your help, this will be BIG!

Cheers!

• Advertisement

SG-Leper...found the site on a poster in school. It will save you the hassle of attempting to avoid Firegarden..their own website tells you exactly when and where their next performances until like July are..thought it might help. Its www.myspace.com/firegardenmusic .

bobby wade wrote:
    The library is based there now

Nonono... they moved elsewhere in town, hence my question about the location. I drove past it a few weeks back but for the life of me can't remember where.

RadioRetro wrote:
    Nonono... they moved elsewhere in town, hence my question about the location. I drove past it a few weeks back but for the life of me can't remember where.

I tought they'd closed down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dizzy Lass

Havent been in the colony in over 2mths & it was fairly quiet that nite.
    Just wonderin has anyone been recently & has it picked up since ?

I noticed they've had some good dj's recently
    Groove Armada, Lisa Lashes

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

bobby wade wrote:
    I tought they'd closed down
    They did. Nearest one is in New Ross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Hey, there is a library in wex, in where whites hotel, the back of it... Isn't it?

No, as an earlier poster said, it's in the car park behind Sam McAuley's in Redmond Square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RedStar1916

Hi there, another Wexford dweller here... And I must advise you, that library is terrible! Personally I'm not too fond of Wexford town in terms of places to get a life, I mean I know there's a few clubs there, but I don't have the interest or the ID to go there. I used to go to the Dun Mhuire, but to be honest I'm gone off the place, as it's recently been invaded by hordes of 12-year-old emo kids (no offense to any 12-year-old emo kids out there!!)

Hi there, another Wexford dweller here... And I must advise you, that library is terrible! Personally I'm not too fond of Wexford town in terms of places to get a life, I mean I know there's a few clubs there, but I don't have the interest or the ID to go there. I used to go to the Dun Mhuire, but to be honest I'm gone off the place, as it's recently been invaded by hordes of 12-year-old emo kids (no offense to any 12-year-old emo kids out there!!)

It's the Dun Mhuire - teeny disco. seriously what do you expect to find there???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

greetings to all.
    just found this today im living in a small village near NEW ROSS im a stay at home dad now as i have a few health issues nothing serious tg.the missus now goes out to work.we have 4 kids aged 6,4.3,1 whoever said housework was a doddle needs a slappin:D .its nice to see some wexfordians on here thou not origially from here its always going to be my home i love it

Advertisement