Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax clearance cert

Options
  • 08-11-2005 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Any idea how up to date do you need to be with your VAT to obtain a tax clearance cert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

all taxes, VAT, PRSI/PAYE and CT have to be up to date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TomBrady

Feck, a few nice jobs have come in at once and it would be a shame to miss out on them. I was not paid for a job last year which fecked up what i could pay the revenue.
    Any work arounds?
    What if i was to bill through the wifes name or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You have to have all your taxes paid up to date in order to get a tax clearance cert.

Get a loan out to pay any taxes owed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I needed one last November. I was up to date with my taxes. It took me until February to receive it. This involved my accountant on my behalf on their case.

First application was refused - they were unaware I was up to date with tax by early December....

I paid withholding tax which they do not understand fully (not when two auditors need this explained to them - maybe just these two!!!!!) so maybe that was just me...

But I would not hold my breath either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

I needed one last November. I was up to date with my taxes. It took me until February to receive it. This involved my accountant on my behalf on their case.

First application was refused - they were unaware I was up to date with tax by early December....

I paid withholding tax which they do not understand fully (not when two auditors need this explained to them - maybe just these two!!!!!) so maybe that was just me...

But I would not hold my breath either...
    I'm in similar situation - majority of my consultancy work with Govt Agencies (hence withholding tax) and each year for the past 3 it has taken at least 3 months to get a Tax Clearance Cert (which means my money is withheld for those 3 months). It does my head in. I'm up to date on VAT and Tax and always have been, just don't get why it takes so damn long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement