Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time do YOU go to bed at?

Options
  • 09-11-2005 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi I'm curious, I was chatting with a friend 2day and she mentioned that she goes to bed at 9:30-10pm every night:eek: she has two small kids who are early risers, as do I. I don't usually get to bed until after 12 and even then I read. I am exhausted every morn but I feel I need some ME time in the eves when the kids are gone to bed, what about you? what time do you go to bed at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

yeah for me it would be around 12 ish, and at that i'd prob watch some tv in bed.
    my 4yr daughter has to be got up at 8 am, she's such a lazy ass...which is good at weekends....but after dragging myself out of bed, i then have to drag her out...

when i think back to when she was 2 and i had gone back to work, i fell asleep around 8pm everynite.
    i guess your body just learns to adapt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I usually go to bed between 11.30pm and 12.30am but read for a while and get up around 7am. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I went earlier or worse I'd wake around 3 or 4am then wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. I think it's because my now 8 year old was a bad sleeper and never slept more than an hour at a time until he was 15 months then he'd sleep about 5 or 6 hours a night so my sleep pattern is now shot to bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

i just have a girl of 7 and even tho i rarely get ME time i still get to be at 10-12 ish my little one is a log sleeper , and she hates gettin out of bed, i dont know if thats a good thing or not? but i still have to get her up at half six , but this means shes is wreaked by 8-8.30 every nite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Bed is more of a place that I visit at various times of night at the moment.............:D

5yr old girl who's just started school and is still far too excited to sleep.....

2 1/2yr old boy who's very light sleeper and wakes when my 5 yr old does

1 yr old girl..........actually a pretty good sleeper but belatedly cutting her first teeth !

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

usually go at 12.45 every night and am the first up at 7.45 and even then have to go round the house waking up the lads 8 and 4 the 4 yold will be up no bother the 8 yold is a struggle even though they both go to bed at 8.30 - 9 every night
    Weekend 8 yold is up at 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

One 8month year old who goes to bed after 7 and before 8.

That's when we got US time so we'd stay up to 11.30/midnight but if somedays if we're worn out, we'll be in bed by 10.30.

Before baby C I would stay up to 1am regularly - now only Friday or Saturday night.

Sometimes she'll be awake at 6.30am and won't let us back to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PJG

go about 10pm and read for an hour. I find reading much better than TV for winding down. Up at about 6:30am charged up and ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Personally I go to bed any darn time I want, day or night, unless I'm at work. :p

My brother and his wife have a one month old and a 18 month old. Rather that the traditional parental logic of sending the kids to bed early, they keep tehm up late, which makes them late (i.e. sensible time) risers, not that a one month old really cares.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Daragh(1.5yrs) goes to bed at 9.30 every night give or take 5min and we usually hit the sack 11.30 - 12.30. Need to unwind and spend time together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

around 12 for me.

but no matter what the time i hate going to bed as much as i hate having to get out of it in the morning!!!!
    any one else find this:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

lisa.c wrote:
    around 12 for me.

but no matter what the time i hate going to bed as much as i hate having to get out of it in the morning!!!!
    any one else find this:o

Sounds about right

Advertisement