Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to do...?

Options
  • 09-11-2005 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

My '95 polo broke down on me about 3 weeks ago now, its been sitting outside my sisters house ever since. A friend of hers is fairly knowledgable about cars etc, he had a look and done all the usuall, new plugs, leads, oil change, new coil (which was one of the more serious problems that he found) and checked battery. The car started up and was driving but the power was simply not there. The car is off the road now and will need a rebuild or something but I am not willing to put any more into a knackered out motor.

When I bought the car I was told it had 44k on it but I fear that the number is at least double that figure!. So I want to get rid of this car and get something off an '99 almera or a felicia. So which to go for? one garage offered me €1,000 scrappage which is a bit disapointing but its something towards a better motor I hope. :)

vote in the poll pls tnx.

Which is the better motor? 2 votes

Almera
    0% 0 votes
    Felicia
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well, I got the polo sorted.

Got it into a garage, timing got done, and a few other bits and pieces. The mechanic said the car was generally alright and should do for at least another 2 years or so once it gets a service every once in a while.

It cost me a small fortune but it will at least add to the value when I go to sell it. Probably in the next few months tbh.

:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If the car is now okay then hang on to it and get your moneys's worth from the repair cost!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah polo's are very realiable and they are nice cars. i had one for nealy 2 years and had no prob.cheap on petrol.

Advertisement