Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes you feel ten feet tall?

• 09-11-2005 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Do you have clothes/shoes that make you feel a million dollars?

Describe them!

I have a fair amount of such clothes (cool shoes and well-cut stuff - jackets, skirts) but unfortunately, the lustre often wears off after a while. Now, I try to buy clothes that will make me feel like that forever but it's not easy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I haven't found something like that in absolutely ages.. I used to have a pair of jeans that were just "the business"!! But think either the dryer has shrunk them, or I've changed shape a bit.. and they're just not the same! Hate that..

But still have my fave hoodie.. makes me feel all snug even if I look as far from a million dollars as possible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Bought a new plain black Filippa K blazer the other day which I'm pretty damn happy about :D
    Other than that I dunno, I've loads of nice clothes but I guess I've just gotten used to wearing that standard of clothing these days that they don't make me feel any different.
    Maybe when I get my first Armani suit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I have this lovely black skirt that is so pretty; I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i got a gorge black top with blue detail a while back, its quite dressy, and i got lovely jewellery to match, i love wearing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

These would make me feel 10 feet tall:

stilts.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Dammit, beat me to it. First thing I thought of when I saw the title :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

I have a pair of knee high black boots that I got really cheap and they are so gorgeous! They also make me about 3 inches taller which is always nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I have a white cotton-lace parasol. I have yet to bring it out (the weather has not been good enough for it yet) but just holding it makes me feel an extra 5 feet 2 inches taller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

my beautiful long black full length skirt.
    I feel so pretty in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I have a few really greatt pieces:
    - a black chiffon two layered empire line dress, it is hard to describe but it is really floaty and elegant. My parents bought it for me for my 21st 10 years ago but for some reason I did not wear it until 2 years ago and it is just wow!
    - a really warm suede on the outside faux fur on the inside Karen Millen coat in chocolate brown. My parents bought this for me 2 years ago, I wear it with the dress above.
    - a patterned halteneck Sisley dress that I got at 1/3rd price in a sale.
    - a vintage 60's beige suit that my mum used to own.
    - a Promod minidress which has a black knitted top and grey tweed skirt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

A beautifull pair of Ray Ban aviator sunglasses and black suit jacket with silk lining.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

lions_No_10_jersey_2pic.jpg

+

43012.jpg

+
    adidasgazelleblk.jpg

u've got good parents ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

Wow, your parents do have good taste. Were you with them when they bought the clothes? My parents never, ever got it right...!
    I do have a Karen Millen dress that I bought from her 1st outlet in Brighton, bout 14/15 yrs ago...! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

I have the most amazing Little black dress I got in new york(€250 but well worth it). its got like 1 inch straps n a neck line link this n it goes out in a kinda 50 style. I wear it with these amazing diamenté gina shoes my sis in law got for me...I LOVE it...mite try it on now actually...had a bad day:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Hats. Any hat, even my umbrella one....(which was five euro. I was practically obligated to buy it.)

umbrella-hat.jpg:o

(that's not me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What makes you feel ten feet tall?
    A stool.

aw poor blondie *hugs*...see thats what every girl needs, some outfit she feels gorge in!!

oh i forgot my debs dress, the most gorge dress ever!! it was dark blue, with silver swirly design on the bodice, the skirt is real flowy with layers, blue/black shine in the light.. desgin of bodice goes down the skirt on the right..so unusual and pretty!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Used to have a lovely echo tracksuit that was all warm and cosy only had it two weeks when my mam put it in the dryer and shrunk it!!!I have a clart bridesmaid dress that makes me feel all mature and grown up

clart

whats that?

• Advertisement

Yea it fits! I mite wear it out tomorrow night... going to my boys friends 21st...wanna make a good impression!! (plus look hot in the process!)

there u go blondie, its all good ;)

have a great night, u lucky thing!!

Thanx Cailin!

Meeting ALLhis friends tomorrow..kinda nervous:o

no bother to ya, you'll wow them in your fab frock

you go girl xx

Ah thanx!
    I just love outfits that u feel so good in!
    I love dressing up!

yup me too!! makes you feel a million dollars, and gives u buckets of confidence!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Shame it can't give you any class :)

BTW I do have good parents with good taste thanks, and I do my best to show my appreciation of them whenever work sends me on a trip home. You guys are so perceptive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

My Christian Louboutin shoes:

I have these in silver 10034_index.jpg

and these http://www.cateblanchett.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=7432&fullsize=1shoes that Cate Blanchett wore in UK Vogue but in a metallic goldy-pink instead of the colour she's wearing

^^ now them i like!

i wouldnt b able to wear them myself but at least i have a picture of pretty pink sandals!!

PS blondie how'd the 21st go???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i have this black dress that i love. got it for 20euro but it looks fairly dressy with earrings etc. only prob is that i've worn it so much i dont really wanna keep wearing it out! does wonders for the clevage i gotta say...

its great when u find something like that, doesnt have to cost a bomb, but can be perfect for u! yea i love wearin my fab top, but cant cos its quite original, be different if it was plain black...but then it wouldnt be the same :D

^^ now them i like!

i wouldnt b able to wear them myself but at least i have a picture of pretty pink sandals!!

PS blondie how'd the 21st go???

It went great! got on really well with his friends n wen we were leavin he told me they said they really liked me, even the girls:) and that we're really nice together! so i was chuffed to bits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Dundalk cailin, Blondie - cut out the chat, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

kaids wrote:
    Shame it can't give you any class :)

BTW I do have good parents with good taste thanks, and I do my best to show my appreciation of them whenever work sends me on a trip home. You guys are so perceptive!

So YOU & CATHY MORAN both have good parents with good taste..!?

sorry simu :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

I design and make my own clothes so I have some really funky bits that when I wear everyone compliments me on how great i look... I love dressing up!!... its the most exciting part about going out!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My dad was a fashion designer and my mum and I were his muse - they did go with me to get those clothes and I am still always on to them, though I have my own style now. I designed a few outfits for myself also but have not had the time in years. Sorry for not getting back sooner. In the end a few classic timeless pieces along with some cheaper seasonal pieces will always make for a good wardrobe - they normally decide the trends in advance so you can make smart buys before they get overkilled. It is always better to have your own sense of style and not bow to fashion - for example, I love minis, gothic clothes, biker clothes, 50's and 60's style clothes and really feminine clothes - these always make me feel great.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NeonAddict

simu wrote: »
    Do you have clothes/shoes that make you feel a million dollars?

Describe them!

I have a fair amount of such clothes (cool shoes and well-cut stuff - jackets, skirts) but unfortunately, the lustre often wears off after a while. Now, I try to buy clothes that will make me feel like that forever but it's not easy!

Im a short person so I have a pair of high platform new rock boots they go with almost everything I get a lot of attention when Im wearing them because im tall and they make me feel great about myself so people tend to notice it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

For me it's a pair of black oxford patient leather shoes made by Barkers. These are dress shoes and only get work when I'm dressing to impress, never on a casual basis. They are beautifully made with a stunning amount of attention to detail in the cut and the stiching. There is also the Zen (or anal depending on your viewpoint) aspect of spit polishing them for 30 minutes before using the shoehorn to slip them on. The leather is cool, the shoe well fitted and has a nice heavy solid feel. I walk taller each and every time I wear them.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This thread is nearly 4 years old. Remember that if you are going to quote someone's post. I'll leave it open because it has potential to be a good thread. :)

NeonAddict, next time you can start a new thread rather than adding to a very old one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Checks date, slaps head.
    Doh!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

My h&m boyfriend blazer makes me feel so sophisticated every time I put it on!!!love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

My Chanel Sunglasses

Any of my big scarfs or my pashminas

(Guess its more of a comfort thing i feel kinda naked without these two items!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

First post hi everyone! :) I have a gorgeous pair of black stilettos from New look if you look close they have a lace design all over them! <3 I love high waisted a line skirts they flatter almost any shape and with my stilettos I fell really good walking into a pub! I love it!

Advertisement