Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Connection

Options
  • 09-11-2005 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been answered before.

I moved into an appartment a couple of weeks ago where there is a phone socket (a pretty old looking one at that!). Plugged a phone into it : Dead.

My question is this: As the wiring is all in place, do I only have to pay for reconnection (€25) or for a new connection (€130!) as the 'nice lady' at BT Ireland told me I'd have to. Anyone had any experience of this?

Another question : Is it only Eircom and BT Ireland that can reconnect/set up new phone lines, as €130 for a standard line is a complete joke.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you should only have to pay the reconnection fee if there was service to the apartment previously.

as for getting the connection, only eircom can do it. You can do it through BT but they just pass the order onto eircom for connection and when I got mine setup BT recommended I go directly to eircom and then transfer to them afterwards.

Advertisement