Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spark plugs

Options
  • 09-11-2005 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭

How much are these to change on a car.

Was told my spark plug could be gone as sometimes the car might take a few turns to start while it could start no problems other times.

03 ibiza

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Around €25-30 plus a few quid to either fit them or buy a plug wrench and do it yourself. Just be careful not to cross thread the sockets when you're fitting 'em.

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

I'll get someone to do it.

Does it sound like the spark plugs

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

Is your car jumpy at anytime when you accelerate?

Not jumpy but might be missing a bit less than 100% at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

Just from my experience on my car.
    It did miss sometimes when accelerating and I changed the sparks and did a routine service on it and it has had no trouble since.

I had no trouble starting though...

Maybe someone else would have a better idea.

Could be a number of things if it is having trouble starting. Sometimes electrical problems are just try it and see if it works kind of thing :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If it is missing then it could also be the HT leads also (if present) or the distributor cap (if present). Plugs are the cheapest to replace though

Presumably its not diesel - if it is then ignore me!

It is petrol.

I'll bring it up to the garage and get them to change the plugs and give it the once over.

Service is not due for another couple till feb or 2,500 miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

spark plugs only about €22.
    You can change them yourself. Its cheaper coz theyl charge ya too much in the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Trampas wrote:
    How much are these to change on a car.

Was told my spark plug could be gone as sometimes the car might take a few turns to start while it could start no problems other times.

03 ibiza

Could be anything, but a good place to start. What mileage on the plugs, wires and distributor cap & rotor, if you have a cap n rotor?.

Advertisement