Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hook ipod up to car stereo?

• 09-11-2005 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

i know this is possible with an itrip fm adaptor, but this isnt out for the nano yet, so i need some cable or attachment that will allow me to connect my ipod to a standard car stereo (no cd player). Is there a tape attachment or anything, or what is the best solution?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

There is a tape attachment available for it the cheapest i have seen it is €25 euro in a o2 shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

is it any use?, decent sound quality from it? is it mono or stereo?
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Some sort of FM transmitter would be ideal, I use a Belkin Tunecast, with no problems, but I realise that's not an option.

A standard cassette adaptor will do the job, and you can buy them cheaply enough in any shop, Argos stock this, but they're readily available. The problem with these is that the leads can be crappy or easily damaged and it can be hard to get stereo sound from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

ive got a cd player in my car with no tape deck so i got an fm modulator from maplin for €35 and its amazing. youll neeed a bit of stereo know-how to insatll it though. it converts the fm input into an aux input. stereo output and perfect quality. you still have full access to the radio stations without having to remove it or turn it off. it runs off the cars battery so it doesnt need batteries.

i would definitely recommend it.

Advertisement