Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Websites that irritate you...

Options
  • 09-11-2005 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

I'm not often irritated by crap websites, but I just came across:
    http://www.champion.ie
    Right now, I'm feeling the urge to punch somebody in the face. (some would say this is typical of someone who's considering shopping at champions sports ;) but I digress)
    It's not so much a website as it is a flash advertisement... my mind boggles right out of my head trying to think of the production meeting behind this one. :eek:

Why, for the love of God, do people think it's a good idea to have music on their website?! Had it not occured to them that I may already be listening to my own music? (there isn't even an option to turn it off, and if there is - I haven't seen it... so for all intents and purposes, even if it has one, there may aswell not be one)

The whole site has the feel of an abondoned project... like they got somebody to make a first mock-up and just left it at that.... ie. you click a link to what you think is going to be their product catalogue, and all you get are three jerseys.
    It's as if they didn't stop to think of why they wanted a website, but knew they wanted something exciting-looking to impress people.
    The sad fact is, it looks like crap and takes eons to load... not to mention being utterly useless to its visitors.

This is one of the few websites that I actually hate... a rare thing for me, but eurgh... did they actually pay for that site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

seamus wrote:
    Check out dis website far only 9.99!

horrific...

www.moviesatdundrum.ie (clearly a kid of the manager at work...)
    Wasnt impressed with www.dundrum.ie either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah the power city website is famous at this stage... butt-ugly MSPaint design job.
    Athough you can at least find products/prices you're looking for... even sometimes a photo of the product... it's a huge improvement on their old one in terms of functionality.
    lol though, the image on their front page looks like it was made by their in-house flyer designer, then badly resized to fit in a webpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

whiskeyman wrote:
    Check out dis website far only 9.99!

horrific...
    LOL
    whiskeyman wrote:
    HOLY SH1T!! :eek: I've actually heard a lot of radio ads etc about this place. Surely after spending so many thousands on advertising they could've spent more than 3 euro on their site.

No way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

LOL

HOLY SH1T!! :eek: I've actually heard a lot of radio ads etc about this place. Surely after spending so many thousands on advertising they could've spent more than 3 euro on their site.

No way! :D

HA HA HA .....Click on cinema Info - Redefining Cinemas - Hillarious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

You've got to love this image - 150k. Priceless.

Incidentally, the designer was on Creative Ireland a few days ago showing it off to everyone. Ah bless.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

a version of that piv is taking pride of place on www.dundrum.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

kstanl wrote:

Incidentally, the designer was on Creative Ireland a few days ago showing it off to everyone. Ah bless.
    It's huge and not particularly attractive... Am I missing something? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

kstanl wrote:

I dont think the actual designer was on CI... just someone how found it and thought those on the forum would like a look.
    Still was a brilliant thread! :D

Someone mentioned it on the Dublin forum, and a poster got really annoyed and started defending the site... very as if they knew the person or perhaps did it themselves. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

whiskeyman wrote:
    Hahah omg, that has to be the owners 11yr old child who did that, no?

lol just noticed u said that. At least the kid got his big break :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

I love the giant "booking online ... coming soon" on the dundrum movies site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'm not often irritated by crap websites, but I just came across:
    http://www.champion.ie

That is a work of art.
    Flash intro that you cannot skip
    Audio that you cannot switch off (I didn't keep the window open long enough to look)

Nielsen would have a field day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

whiskeyman wrote:
    I dont think the actual designer was on CI... just someone how found it and thought those on the forum would like a look.
    Still was a brilliant thread! :D

Ooh, another lovely bitchy website :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

http://www.todayfm.com/

also their news site in particular. My god!

Advertisement