Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cigarette lighter

Options
  • 09-11-2005 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭

bought a car last week and discovered that there is no fag lighter socket in it

dont smoke, but want it to charge phone etc

can you buy sockets and how expensive would they be?
    are they hard to fit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

event wrote:
    bought a car last week and discovered that there is no fag lighter socket in it

dont smoke, but want it to charge phone etc

can you buy sockets and how expensive would they be?
    are they hard to fit?

What type of car is it? very strange there is none!! the new D-Max jeeps have 2 in them...one for cigs lights and the other for charger and so on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

its an ibiza, 1999

very strange, there's even an ashtray?

beside it is a plastic piece that looks like where it would go but definately none

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

First car was a VW polo and had no cigarette lighter - just a blank where it should have been. I don't smoke but just wanted to put one in so got the socket from a better specced car at the scrap yard for a couple of quid. The wiring system was simple (socket terminals connceted to a wires going straight to battery/ground respectively and with the wee light wired to the ignition) but was bit of a bugger to do physically as everything was consealed behind the dash/bulkhead. Rigging one up is do-able for your purposes but unless the car has the designated place to put one I'd avoid it if you ever intend to use the cig ligher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Have a carkit for a 6310i and a 6310i phone I could sell you! save you having to use the charger!!

never drove a car without a lighter so not sure!! never had a smaller type car...all jeeps or Primera/Passats so they always come with them in the basic model!! mother drove a Fiesta and they always had them installed and bro has an 88 Polo which also has one installed so I took it they where always in cars!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

You can buy the sockets in maplins,
    If there's a bit of plastic near the ash tray where you could make one fit into it shouldnt be much problem wiring it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

roughly how much would they be?

Advertisement