Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have Broadband, but I cant get Broadband!??

• 09-11-2005 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

I currently have Esat BT broadband basic package 1M.

I want to upgrade to something with a static IP, so was looking at digiweb's dsl2 or dsl3.

BUT!! When I put in my phone number in *ANY* providers website (eircom and even esat) it comes up saying "Your phone line is unsuitable for broadband".

Whats that about????

I even rang Eircom saying I was unhappy with my current service and wanted to switch to them, and all they kept saying was that maybe Esat have 'locked the ports' or something?

BTW, my line rental is still paid directly to eircom, and my calls to UTV, and my BB to Esat - What a mix!

Anyone know whats going on with my lines?

I suppose I could cancel with Esat, then wait 6weeks to get reconnected........ :S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Don't worry about it. It's a common occurence that lines with BB already on it fail the line test. I have BT BB and the line fails the test regularly.
    Ring the provider you want to change to and order over the phone rather than ordering online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SL009

Perhaps you should move all service to 1 provider.

Smart Telecom currently do free line rental and 2mb basic and fixed ip.

fairly good price as well.

Thats who im with and will never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

kaizersoze wrote:
    Don't worry about it. It's a common occurence that lines with BB already on it fail the line test. I have BT BB and the line fails the test regularly.
    Ring the provider you want to change to and order over the phone rather than ordering online.

Just after ringing them, and they say it fails the test. When I asked for an explanation, they said that maybe its because esat owns the line, and not eircom, which I dont think is true.

Smart Telco not available in my country town. Damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

deepspeed wrote:
    I currently have Esat BT broadband basic package 1M.

I want to upgrade to something with a static IP, so was looking at digiweb's dsl2 or dsl3.

BUT!! When I put in my phone number in *ANY* providers website (eircom and even esat) it comes up saying "Your phone line is unsuitable for broadband".

Whats that about????

I even rang Eircom saying I was unhappy with my current service and wanted to switch to them, and all they kept saying was that maybe Esat have 'locked the ports' or something?

BTW, my line rental is still paid directly to eircom, and my calls to UTV, and my BB to Esat - What a mix!

Anyone know whats going on with my lines?

I suppose I could cancel with Esat, then wait 6weeks to get reconnected........ :S

:eek:

Frying pan/Fire.

You are moving to the enemy here. Its the same service but if you go Eircom you will be paying the people who are causing the service to be in the stone age.

Esat will do a consolidated bill, they currently have my line rental and calls as well as broadband, so I never have to deal with the shower that is Eircon

Advertisement