Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to complain to Eircom

• 09-11-2005 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

So you have a gripe that you feel is going to end up in court or just a simple query regarding Eircom, this is what you do.

1) Dial 1901 and just say "AGENT" when the automated voice prompts you.

Unless you have a direct number for a particular person or department this is Eircoms customer sales and services number. What they do here is mainly BILLING and SALES queries. For example if you find a strange charge on your bill most of the time they can deal with it, but if you need something cancelled like Broadband you need to go to Eircom Broadband.

They can advise you on what department you may need to go to, they'll usually give you the number but ask them nicely and they'll transfer you.

2) Don't blow your lid, threaten to go on Liveline and moan to poor Joe, threaten to go to court or the CEO. This is where your frustration will cost you in getting transfered, put on hold or even believe it or not hung up on!
    So keep you cool listen to what the person on the other end of the phone is saying to you make sure you understand and then retaliate if needs be.

3) Always get the persons name and the department they are in and their supervisors.
    Don't ask them for their second name, that's just creepy.

4) Always write down times, dates, names, departments and where you feel it is going.

5) Remember the person on the other end of the line is a person. You shout and roar at them they'll get pissed off. So it's their job I hear you say? It is but don't make it harder.

If you haven't guessed I used to work there. Above is a rough guide but it should work if anything else crops up I'd be happy to help.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 zimbabady

I got my line re-connected, in the new flat i moved into, i was told it was free connection by the person when i got it connected and when it was connected it was a 5 min job for the man. when i got my bill it had a 100E connection fee added on, so i called up 1901 and they got me to call another costomer care 1800 number. so called this and explaned the problem and the guy said he would get somone to investigate and that over the next week somone would call me to let me know whats happening.

Is this investigation thing real? do they have someone investigating complaints or are they just tryin to beat me down and convince me that im wrong?

Im currently waiting the call from the investigator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

That's the Support department and they do investigate.

But I can tell you now that €100 is for that technician/engineer call out charge and work done. A reconnection is usually free but for some reason work had to be carried out on your line. Basically the connection is free if there is a line there and its just a case of activating it at the local exchange. If that can't be done and engineer has to go out and physically work on the line for whatever reason.

Ring 1901 again, tell the agent that you get through to take the €100 off your account. Remember to have your Eircom account number handy. Say the problem was at the exchange.VERY IMPORTANT say it doesn't have to go through Support and then they'll knock the €100 off there and then.

Thanks will give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mr.snrub

Hey FlyOver,
    Got a phone line installed after 10 months of waiting, wanted to get broadband but they keep telling me my line is failing. My local exchange (Swords Dublin) is enabled, am within range and my line isnt split. Every time I ring them up to ask when broadband will be available they give me the usual " broadband is an extremely sensitve technology " crap. If I ring up eircom again what steps should I follow.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

If you live in Swords there should be no reason you shouldn't have BB(Broasdband) especially if its a new line. The main reasons for not being able to have BB are that you are too far from the exchange (6km?) or the line ins't capable of taken the BB signal. You have a new line so that rules that out. Your line does not travel as the crow flys but still being in Swords you should be able to get it.

1800 503 303 is Eircom BB after sales help line, free phone of course. They should be able to trouble shoot your line, but you will have to go back to BB Sales to set it up.

If still no joy you'll have to go to customer care 1800 200 481. 9.30 - 5.30

• Advertisement

Heya FlyOver, I tryed what you told me but now they are givving me the excuse that i was to late ordering to get the free connection offer. From What i remember the offer ended at the end of september but i did 2 online orders before that.

They only have record of the date i called up cuz they didnt reply to my online order. They want me to give them a referance number to when i ordered online but now i dont have it. Feck i think there gonna get the 107 euro.

The eircom Investigator called me today saying that she couldnt find any record of my line connected before so i was a first time connection, she gave me 2 months free line rental as a sorry for my trouble and if i can get a name of a person who had my line connected before to call her back with it and she would then give me the money back.

She seemed nice tho.

Advertisement