Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Samsung LExxR41B firmware

Options
  • 09-11-2005 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Have just bought a Samsung LE32R41BD on the web from the UK, checked the firmware and it's the old version with the tearing issue. Although I haven't experienced the problem yet, would like to upgrade it to be on the safe side.

Has anyone over here upgraded their firmware on one of these? Is there an Irish Samsung support line - can only seem to find a UK website, which doesn't seem to recognise Dublin as a valid location?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭jeromeof

MOH wrote:
    Have just bought a Samsung LE32R41BD on the web from the UK

I am interested in getting one of these TV's also so how much and who did you get it from?

By the way, I think you can download the Firmware from the net someone and if you have a serial cable you can upgrade it yourself. Check out:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260228

Jerome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

jeromeof wrote:
    I am interested in getting one of these TV's also so how much and who did you get it from?

By the way, I think you can download the Firmware from the net someone and if you have a serial cable you can upgrade it yourself. Check out:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260228

Jerome

Ahh. Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Got mine from Savastore.co.uk after trying a few other places - see:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318496
    (second post and a couple near the end)

Ordered midday last Tuesday, shipped Wednesday morning, arrived lunchtime Monday. GB£860, about 1260 Euro. Dixons are charging 1599! You do have to use your card billing address as your delivery address to get the order through, but I just changed mine to my work address and will change it back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

I got lucky; Sept 1 2005 firmware. I had read all about the upgrade and was worried i was going to have to go through the hassle myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

whats the tearing like, is it like a black rip.
    Im getting the 37" version, i do hope it wont have this issue also.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kman

MOH wrote:
    Have just bought a Samsung LE32R41BD on the web from the UK, checked the firmware and it's the old version with the tearing issue. Although I haven't experienced the problem yet, would like to upgrade it to be on the safe side.

Has anyone over here upgraded their firmware on one of these? Is there an Irish Samsung support line - can only seem to find a UK website, which doesn't seem to recognise Dublin as a valid location?

Samsung UK support Ireland aswell, I am looking at this TV too, and am aware of the tearing problem, I rang the number on the Samsung UK site, they will send the CD and cable to Ireland. From what I can see, it will only happen on progressive scan 60hz sources, e.g. modded xboxes, r1 dvd discs etc.
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/index.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

MOH wrote:

Ordered midday last Tuesday, shipped Wednesday morning, arrived lunchtime Monday. GB£860, about 1260 Euro. Dixons are charging 1599!.

Dixons/Currys are selling the LE32R51, with integrated freeview tuner for all of us optimists:p I got one with DVDR and stand for 1750.

www.komplett.ie are also selling the LE32R51 for EUR1433

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hi ffocused,

I was looking at that package in currys @ liffey valley as well and am tempted, how do you find the DVDR? Do you think the stand and the player are worth the extra €300 odd over the price of the online deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

glynf wrote:
    Hi ffocused,

I was looking at that package in currys @ liffey valley as well and am tempted, how do you find the DVDR? Do you think the stand and the player are worth the extra €300 odd over the price of the online deal?

i was looking at the lcd in liffey valley and did you notice a black streak on the demo model?
    It put a few people off while i was there, but im getting it anyways and if something happens its going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Sparky_S wrote:
    i was looking at the lcd in liffey valley and did you notice a black streak on the demo model?
    It put a few people off while i was there, but im getting it anyways and if something happens its going back.

Did'nt notice it, was in a bit of a rush, but I had a good look at the one in pc world a bit back(hooked up to media pc), and that looked perfect showing windows desktop.
    Did you get the model no of the DVDR? still not sure if its worth the extra 300 ish over komplett for the player.

G.

Advertisement