Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly moved to Balbriggan - what goss should I know!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

SeanOS wrote:
    Anticipation of moving out there just keeps building - it will be like camping holiday it seems.

Buy enough trousers to last through the hard times (and probably be the one responsible for the next shortage when it comes to washing them).

u can camp out my back garden;P
    Might even let you use my washnig machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moonbeam wrote:
    Might even let you use my washnig machine!
    He'll only need it once every 5 days.

Day 1 - Pants right-side out, front-to-back
    Day 2 - Pants right-side out, back-to-front
    Day 3 - Pants inside out, front-to-back
    Day 4 - Pants inside out, back-to-front
    Day 5 - Wash pants - Go commando
    Day 6 - See Day 1, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Hill Billy wrote:
    He'll only need it once every 5 days.

Day 1 - Pants right-side out, front-to-back
    Day 2 - Pants right-side out, back-to-front
    Day 3 - Pants inside out, front-to-back
    Day 4 - Pants inside out, back-to-front
    Day 5 - Wash pants - Go commando
    Day 6 - See Day 1, etc...

Moved to Fashion/Appearance. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

lol,

There were people swimming and sun bathing on the beach yesterday,crazy crazy people I suspect.

Hill Billy:
    URGENT WATER CONSERVATION NOTICE – THROUGHOUT THE FINGAL AREA

Fingal County Council Water Services is today issuing an Urgent Water Conservation Notice to all residents in County for the coming week. Due to significantly increased demand on water supplies we are experiencing severe difficulties in replenishing reservoirs in some parts of the County and will not be able to guarantee supplies. In order to ensure availability of water for use during peak times it will be necessary to immediately introduce a series of direct conservation measures.

These measures will include reduction of water supply during off-peak hours (normally between the hours of 9.00 p.m. and 6.00 am) in the following areas.

Balbriggan
    Balrothery
    Lusk
    Portrane
    Skerries
    Loughshinney
    The Naul
    Balscadden
    Swords
    Donabate
    Rush
    Malahide
    Portmarnock

As a result some customers will experience reduced water pressure with a possible total loss of water supply during these hours in the areas affected.

PLEASE CONSERVE YOUR WATER FOR ESSENTIAL USE ONLY

Don’t water your garden
    Don’t use hoses or sprinklers
    Don’t wash your car
    Don’t leave taps running

Do report any leaks that you see so that we can have our staff on site quickly to repair pipes and therefore save water.

For a full range of conservation advice check out: WWW.TAPTIPS.IE

Again we appeal to people to conserve water and we thank you sincerely for your co-operation and patience at this time and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you need any further information please call 01 890 5900 (office hours) or 01 8731415 (outside office hours).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Census 2006 preliminary report out:

http://www.cso.ie/census/2006_preliminaryreport.htm

Not surprisingly, the brig is one of the highlights...

Thanks Bluetonic!

Hill Billy wrote:
    Thanks Bluetonic!

Apparently there are water tankers up at the Man O War.

Bluetonic wrote:
    Apparently there are water tankers up at the Man O War.

And "merchant bankers" in County Hall!

Explains why people were swimming in the sea;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

lol.... might as well get into this tread :D i living on road between ballough - lusk ... funny name too "rathmooney" :) anyways enough of me... a good few ppl along my road including my family have their own water pump.. and i would advise anyone that is building a house in these areas to cheak for underwater streams/rivers as having your own water supply dosent jsut save money.. its also cool :D

happy days ppl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Frankie4m WOL

Hey - can I join? Only just came on this board - been living in Balbriggan now for over 3 years & located in the general Bremore area.

Hey - can I join? Only just came on this board - been living in Balbriggan now for over 3 years & located in the general Bremore area.

Welcome blowin :D

no no it is a local board for local people;P

Support the Balbriggan Forum!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054943459

although I htink this is a nice long impressive thread lacking order and full of chaos;)might be nice to have a bit of order!

Moonbeam wrote:
    although I htink this is a nice long impressive thread lacking order and full of chaos;)might be nice to have a bit of order!

Also I demand this thread gets a five star rating.

People start voting on the upper right hand side.

I'm resigned to being a blow in at this stage, although I have family who have lived in the town for nearly 30 years and they're still blow ins!
    A north county resident through and through though.
    I've been keeping a very interested eye on the developments on the Bremore Port and will post back if I have any info.
    FYI - the new motorway service station down at M1 Business Park has been put on hold pending the outcome of an appeal against the dump. However if it is completed, it will include a Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonalds and a motel apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

However if it is completed, it will include a Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonalds and a motel apparently.

Classy!

Glad somebody thinks so! There is nothing good about the golden arches or unlucky fried kitten in my opinion. Although the increased competition for the Moriarty family cannot be a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just noticed this thread myself. Been a blowin of some thirty years standing, didn't realise I was surrounded by so many boardies!

FYI - the new motorway service station down at M1 Business Park has been put on hold pending the outcome of an appeal against the dump. However if it is completed, it will include a Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonalds and a motel apparently.

http://www.m1.ie/zones/

Zone C for those who don't know.

There has been no licence or planning application approved for the dump yet, it is more of a preemptive action by CEWEP and the Nevitt residents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

is that not where all those warehouses are?

Yep it's down where the new Brooks Thomas is and McNally Kitchens. It's all meant to go into the empty space from the end of the warehouses to the interchange. The hotel is meant to go on the other side of the interchange I think, must check that out actually.
    Yep, sorry about that.

The hotel is meant to go on the other side of the interchange I think, must check that out actually.

Hotel and service will be on the same side on the same site.

http://www.m1.ie/zones/zone_c/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I see that the cops nicked 3 guys in Balbriggan/Garristown with €700k of coke. There go the house prices!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/07/27/story269626.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

And the coke prices ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

if those who are moving to Bremore Pastures in Balbriggan, there is now a dedicated forum at http://www.neighbours.ie/bremorepastures.

Thanks

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054943459&page=4

This is gonig far down the list of requests for new forums!!

So anyone who hasn't posted to it that posts to the Balbriggan threads..please do!

I see the cinema (New Savoy Cineam Complex) is being fitted out at present. Should be opening in a week or two.

The opening night will apparently have the world premier of the follow up to Sweetie Barrett.

Sweetie Barrett: Even sweeter than the first one.

• Advertisement

Oh cool:)

Will be nice not having to trek to Liffey Valley or Santry:)

Hopefully it is open for the winter

Advertisement