Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly moved to Balbriggan - what goss should I know!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Are you shipping out D-arke??
    Jeez, the original stock are moving out and the new stock are moving in...
    Wherever you are off to, best of luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Chopperdog wrote:
    Are you shipping out D-arke??
    Jeez, the original stock are moving out and the new stock are moving in...
    Wherever you are off to, best of luck!:)

Ah sure he's only a blow-in to begin with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

True enough..... You need to be able to trace your lineage back to the Vikings for the die-hard Balbrigganers to be bettered :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

I may be a blow-in, but this is my 20th year in the town now.
    I've seen my fair share of changes in the town.................. ahhh the old bmx track, memories!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is the nearest cinema really Santry?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Moonbeam wrote:
    Is the nearest cinema really Santry?
    Drogheda might be nearer

Or Drogheda. Though I think there making a 5 screen out in Bettystown in the new development called Bettystown Town Centre (which doesnt sound right). But there was talk of a two screen in Balbriggan, though I'm not sure if thats still going ahead, a certain Bluetonic might know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Noticed this Balbriggan thread...whats Home nightclub like these days? I heard de Brun(where Ennis' used to be) has a lot of posers???

d-arke wrote:
    I may be a blow-in, but this is my 20th year in the town now.
    I've seen my fair share of changes in the town.................. ahhh the old bmx track, memories!!

Ah, the memories, dreams of mag wheels and raleigh burners

Check it out
    http://www.balbriggan.net/balbriggan1983.htm

Check it out

OH MY GOD!!! Sh1t, yeah! Im 24 and I can remember my dad taking me there when I was around 3. Totally forgotten bout the BMX track.

• Advertisement

Rockee wrote:
    Noticed this Balbriggan thread...whats Home nightclub like these days? I heard de Brun(where Ennis' used to be) has a lot of posers???

Home isnt what it used to be if it was anything before. They've closed of the upstairs balcony area for what I can only imagine is because its not getting the punters in so they cram everyone in like a hard.

De Brun's is definitely full of posers. Upstairs tends to be the late 20's, early 30s/40s posers who still think they have it, whilst downstairs is the 18-25's who are still trying to find it.

Nice place all the same

d-arke wrote:
    Home isnt what it used to be if it was anything before. They've closed of the upstairs balcony area for what I can only imagine is because its not getting the punters in so they cram everyone in like a hard.

De Brun's is definitely full of posers. Upstairs tends to be the late 20's, early 30s/40s posers who still think they have it, whilst downstairs is the 18-25's who are still trying to find it.

Nice place all the same

Home is still a cattle market, but a good laugh sometimes

De-Bruns is a disaster, bring back Ennis's

Check it out

wayhay!!! thats the stuff. i should send in some photos to that website of me zipping around on that track. Hey Rockee, I probably raced ya once or twice no doubt.

Im hardly old but the 'music' in Home did my head in. Boyracer stuff! Of course after god knows how many drinks the idea of going to Home nightclub or your real home crops up...AfterDark is good craic though for the Retro tunes and chasing 'the older woman' :p

Home is still a cattle market, but a good laugh sometimes

De-Bruns is a disaster, bring back Ennis's

Couldn't agree more. Afterdark is far better anyway.

Had some great memories of Ennis's, but always got too much stick in there so kinda glad its De Bruns now

Rockee wrote:
    OH MY GOD!!! Sh1t, yeah! Im 24 and I can remember my dad taking me there when I was around 3. Totally forgotten bout the BMX track.

Great memories, Im lucky enough to have been old enough to have had a BMX around that time :D (not old enough to get around without busting myself up though)

d-arke wrote:
    wayhay!!! thats the stuff. i should send in some photos to that website of me zipping around on that track. Hey Rockee, I probably raced ya once or twice no doubt.

Aw, I was only a dot, was only 3. Was 1984/85. Could barely master stabilisers on my bike back then, let alone BMXing!:D

When I moved here when I was four, used to go down to the track and there was always one hill near the end that I had push the bike up, I was hopeless. You can imagine what i was like going down it

d arke.....is that doug???

Rockee wrote:
    Im hardly old but the 'music' in Home did my head in. Boyracer stuff! Of course after god knows how many drinks the idea of going to Home nightclub or your real home crops up...AfterDark is good craic though for the Retro tunes and chasing 'the older woman' :p
    :D

• Advertisement

Rockee wrote:
    d arke.....is that doug???

Tis indeed man!! Thought I recognised the name. Look at the post count for the two of us.............FREAKY!!!!

A few years back we'ed get a minibus from the harbour in Rush to Life (as it was then) There was more fun on the way to the Life than there was inside the place! Then, we'ed get off the bus and try and act sober enough for Roxy to let us in! Remember Roxy?

Yahay...its Ross here bro! Yep,we're neck and neck! Any plans for the weekend...I know lets go to Home/After Dark! All this talk is getting me going!:D

Rockee wrote:
    A few years back we'ed get a minibus from the harbour in Rush to Life (as it was then) There was more fun on the way to the Life than there was inside the place! Then, we'ed get off the bus and try and act sober enough for Roxy to let us in! Remember Roxy?

Ah yeah Roxy, remember him alright. It was around the time that he was head doorman, that one of the bouncers asked if I was I over 18, a local etc, so I produced my driving license, nationality: Scottish. So from then on, was always know as the scottish fella and always got in, even when drunk. Twas great!! :D

Remember one time coming back from Skerries in said bus, and a certain Bluetonic was in the bus as well. And there was about 6-10 of us throwing a small football at each other :D

I say bring back the Cardy Marina Lesiure Centre.

Rockee wrote:
    Yahay...its Ross here bro! Yep,we're neck and neck! Any plans for the weekend...I know lets go to Home/After Dark! All this talk is getting me going!

Get in touch with Kev. Planning on heading down to O'Shea's for the band on Friday night and then upstairs into Afterdark for €3 drinks. We had some night last Sat dancing with a couple of 40year olds :D Too many vodka and cokes

d-arke wrote:
    Ah yeah Roxy, remember him alright. It was around the time that he was head doorman, that one of the bouncers asked if I was I over 18, a local etc, so I produced my driving license, nationality: Scottish. So from then on, was always know as the scottish fella and always got in, even when drunk. Twas great!! :D

Remember one time coming back from Skerries in said bus, and a certain Bluetonic was in the bus as well. And there was about 6-10 of us throwing a small football at each other :D

Yeah, the sexual frustration on those buses on the way home eh? Unless of course we got 'LUCKY':D Roxy always remindedme of a stocky Freddie Mercury...oh, and the chipper built into the nightclub needs to reappear!

d-arke wrote:
    Remember one time coming back from Skerries in said bus, and a certain Bluetonic was in the bus as well.

:o

d-arke wrote:
    Get in touch with Kev. Planning on heading down to O'Shea's for the band on Friday night and then upstairs into Afterdark for €3 drinks. We had some night last Sat dancing with a couple of 40year olds :D Too many vodka and cokes

Now thats a plan! Was stuck in Rush last Saturday:( Yeah, Ill give Kev a shout!

• Advertisement

Rockee wrote:
    Yeah, the sexual frustration on those buses on the way home eh? Unless of course we got 'LUCKY':D Roxy always remindedme of a stocky Freddie Mercury...oh, and the chipper built into the nightclub needs to reappear!

OH MAN!!! Completely forgot about that chipper!!! :D We should start a petition.:rolleyes: Either that, or hire out a "Chuck Wagon" style van and set up business....ummmmmm!!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement