Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New 4x4 on the market

Options
  • 09-11-2005 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

There is a new spanish jeep coming on the market.... basically the company had the licence to make Land Rover Defenders for years and now going in alone... it is the stanta or santana or something... anyone know anything about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do you get a free guitar?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    Do you get a free guitar?

Only very experienced drivers will understand that one, Mike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

The ones in that link look like Vitaras?

The Defender lookalikes were at the ploughing match in Mogeely this year, and I have seen them abroad too. They look ok, similar to a defender but with 4 lights in the front rather than two and the cab looks a little different too.

Personally I think the Santana's look old fashioned, while the Defender looks class. I know that isnt a very logical viewpoint, but the Defender gets away with looking the way it does because it is "The Landrover".

EDIT: I see the pic of the landrover lookalike now

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

One of them looks like it is based on a very the old Suzuki Vitara from the early 1990s. The website address (santana-suzuki.es) would suggest there is some sort of partnership with Suzuki also.

Hope it fairs alot better in the EuroNap test than the Chinese 4x4 clone of the old Opel Frontera.

• Advertisement
Advertisement