Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom question?

• 09-11-2005 3:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok, just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to get eircom to install a phone connection in our house in college, without activating it, and then get esat to give us our broadband connection. because esat have a much better offer, at €35 for the 2mb connection and line rental (for 4 months).

or can esat maybe get the line installed, instead of eircom?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

Unfortunately you have to sign up to Eircom and then get charged by them for a certain amount of line rental before you switch over to Esat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

well thats a load of ****...especially since eircom is like twice price every month. oh well, it might be a while till i get it then :mad:

It is a load of ****. But people in this country don't seem to realise that Eircom is the ONLY company that provides land lines. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that one. It's called a monopoly so stop the whinging here and a complain to ComReg and your local TD till you're close to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Not a chance I'm afraid. Do you live in student accomodation? What college do you go to, and how far from it are you? (Is there a possibility of connecting via WiFi perhaps to over The Last Mile?)

I have no idea if it's feasible but: what about switching to SMART -if you're one of the first x customers - they'd pay the line rental.. (I dunno if the offer is still open or all the T&C..)

Kiith wrote:
    oh well, it might be a while till i get it then :mad:

People who call in and say, "Well you won't have me and many customers any more because of this .... I'm moving to Esat/UTV/Irish BB, so there". The Eircom agent is thinking when their next break is, they don't care if you up and move.

• Advertisement
Advertisement