Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On top Of Hotel in Karkand

Options
  • 09-11-2005 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Just came off the Bamboo commandoes server where Strike at Karkand was playing . There were mec guys raining down nades from on top of the Hotel at the first flag , I can only presume they got up there using illegal means . Anyone seen this before ??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Seen it before but dunno how exactly get up. Was some1 from TiG up one day but never told me how got up :-( Just started to spawn on him :p
    Tried gettin up & You can run along the railin on buildin beside, but i never managed to make it up onto the other buildin :-(
    In reality u could grab the ledge with your hands & pull yourself up :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Berns wrote:
    Seen it before but dunno how exactly get up. Was some1 from TiG up one day but never told me how got up :-( Just started to spawn on him :p
    Tried gettin up & You can run along the railin on buildin beside, but i never managed to make it up onto the other buildin :-(
    In reality u could grab the ledge with your hands & pull yourself up :-)

Was on a UK server before and as soon as it got to Karkland it came on saying at the top that if anyone is seen using the building problem they would be banned...asked a few of the guys on the server if they knew about it and either they didnt know or where not telling me but was the first and only time I have seen this mentioned on a server!!

Another way is to Arti them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

if its possible within game i don't see why they should be banned.... its not very sporting of them... but its supposed to be war not a tea party ;)

Serenity wrote:
    if its possible within game i don't see why they should be banned.... its not very sporting of them... but its supposed to be war not a tea party ;)

Its a flaw in the game....hence not allowed...was a few in BFV as well and if caught usign them then you would be kicked from clan matchs and so on....should be the same on any decent server you play on!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Big Nelly wrote:
    Its a flaw in the game....hence not allowed...was a few in BFV as well and if caught usign them then you would be kicked from clan matchs and so on....should be the same on any decent server you play on!!!

whay is it a flaw nelly? just curious........

(btw I never seen it myself)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's possible to use C4 to blow yourself onto rooftops (with the vodnik) when FF is turned off.

Drapper wrote:
    whay is it a flaw nelly? just curious........

(btw I never seen it myself)

Not sure of it myself....just from that server where it said that this is a flaw in the game and not to use it.....then I guess EA have come out at some stage and said this is a flaw which gives you an unfair advantage so shouldnt be used!!! could be wrong!!

While it's a slow server, this link will show you the 'hidden' spots on the BF2 maps and how to get to them.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Ponster wrote:
    While it's a slow server, this link will show you the 'hidden' spots on the BF2 maps and how to get to them.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/

it doesn't actually show this one though , and I think the previous poster might be right about the FF thing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

It's not cheating or anything like it tbh.It is a way of defending the flag from a good vantage point.I suppose i could tell you all how it's done but meh.

jonski wrote:
    it doesn't actually show this one though , and I think the previous poster might be right about the FF thing .

You mean me :p

Yeah I think it's FF being off (on a ranked server too which AFAIK is a no-no).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

have the commander drop a supply crate on the building just behind the hotel coming from the american side, from there you can stand on the crate and jump onto the building beside it. if the crate is misplaced or you feck up your jump you need to have a medic handy to revive you.

more power to them for getting there.

If you want to use the supply crates to get up you will need 2 right beside each other to do it but i doubt any commander would be so wasteful.

d22ontour wrote:
    It's not cheating or anything like it tbh.It is a way of defending the flag from a good vantage point.I suppose i could tell you all how it's done but meh.

Oddly enough I have posted this on a few forums and the lack of any credible answer from anyone leads me to believe that it is probably either 0% ff abuse or mab bug abuse .

Is this credible enough for you. :D

Berns was on to it by mentioning the railings as you get up on the railing and sprint to the end and jump though you might not make it everytime.How hard is that to try.;)

How did we find out ?

We played an infantry map and all of the other clan were up there noob tubing us so if it's reachable it's fair game to use any advantage within the rules.

d22ontour wrote:
    Is this credible enough for you. :D

Berns was on to it by mentioning the railings as you get up on the railing and sprint to the end and jump though you might not make it everytime.How hard is that to try.;)

I am sorry , I thought I said this a thousand times ,but that was on the other forums , NOT the building NEXT to the Hotel , THE HOTEL ITSELF .

Maybe i should have payed attention to the thread title.:o

Has to be FF turned off so, though i have never seen anyone up there.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

And god created the sniper rifle for a reason.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

KdjaC wrote:
    And god created the sniper rifle for a reason.

My thoughts exactly. Would this not be a snipers dream?

• Advertisement
Advertisement