Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AA Membership

Options
  • 09-11-2005 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

My gf wants me to get her AA membership for Christmas. Does anyone know if any deals come up or is there any way of getting discounts?

Just thought I'd ask the people that know!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Soem insurance companies give you free AA cover if you take a policy out with them....GF and her sister have free AA cover because of there insurance company!! maybe worth looking into if she wants to keep it for good instead of paying each year!! anyway as the webiste listed below it is not actually that expensive if you break down it is a life saver....but if you pay and dont have any trouble it is abit of a waste but peace of mind for someone who hasnt much knowledge of cars!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Linoge wrote:
    Does anyone know if any deals come up or is there any way of getting discounts?

In Blanchardstown and Liffey Valley shopping centres there is often a promotion team from the AA. They do have special deals if you sign up there and then. Obviously after a year this would revert to the normal rates

I would advise getting "home start" as well. I've been a member for years and I find their service excellent. Quick, courteous, professional and good chance of an on-the-spot fix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I never had AA until I bought a new car a few years ago and it was included with the car. I thought what a waste on a new car .. but the first weekend I had the car I was away in the UK. Then on the monday morning not a dicky bird from the car ... I left the interior light on for the weekend and it totally drained the battery. Called the AA and had a guy recharging the battery 10 minutes later, and while the battery was charging he filled the washers and cleaned all lights and windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Thanks for your help Whippet, Unkel and Big Nelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Linoge wrote:
    My gf wants me to get her AA membership for Christmas. Does anyone know if any deals come up or is there any way of getting discounts?

Just thought I'd ask the people that know!

Thanks.

RAC offer half price membership to IEI members too - if that's any use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Borzoi wrote:
    RAC offer half price membership to IEI members too - if that's any use

You mean Engineers Ireland :-)

So do the AA, afair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

whippet wrote:
    I Called the AA and had a guy recharging the battery 10 minutes later, and while the battery was charging he filled the washers and cleaned all lights and windows.

now that is service!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

testicle wrote:
    You mean Engineers Ireland :-)

So do the AA, afair

Really? Thought they only gave an introductory discount?

Advertisement