Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Rangers double header

• 09-11-2005 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

CIS cup match tonight and league match next week (BBC Scotland and Setanta). Celtic missing 3 strikers which means 4th choice, John Hartson will have to play. :) I'm still confident of a win tonight.

McGeady should start as he got MOTM on Sunday but there's always the chance Strachan will play Thompson who returns from suspension. Maloney is in superb form. Nakamura's top class when he's on form. And there's Petrov. I'm loving the football under Strachan. :)

Rangers team news: Couldn't care less tbh. :) There missing Novo and Hemdani and Lovenkrands is a doubt.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Celtic should win this even with the absense of Sutton and Zurawski(sp). Rangers are in terrible form at the moment but they do say that form means nothing going into a Derby game. Hopefully McGeady can keep his place in the side and I can see no reason why he shouldnt after his excellent performnace against Falkirk. Should be a good game of ball and im looking forward to it. Hopefully Setanta bring a few microphones along to the ground so we can hear the crowd :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

we all know celtic rangers games rarely go on form...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Celtic to win both games.

They didnt perform at Ibrox and made a very poor rangers team look decent. Celtics defence has improved since then and they are now scoring plenty of goals. Things will be set right over the next 10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd say a loss in both games could be the end for McLeish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

My brother just put €490 on Celtic. Can't see them winning now.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

what time is the match on?

Can see celtic winning as rangers are playing very poor lately.
    Hope your bro doesnt loose the betting slip eireboy, what odds did he get them at?

galwaydude wrote:
    what time is the match on?

Can see celtic winning as rangers are playing very poor lately.
    Hope your bro doesnt loose the betting slip eireboy, what odds did he get them at?
    match on at 7.45. odds: evens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

come on the billy boys:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Great goal, shaun Maloney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a goal from wee Maloney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

That's a few sheckles for me at 7/1. Get in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good finish by Maloney but Stefan Klos has got to be at fault for the goal as he was way out of position standing on one side of his goal basically inviting Maloney to shoot. Great finish by Maloney though.

Pretty poor quality match so far but both sides struggling with their passing. Celtic have got better as the half has gone on. Petrov is playing well in the centre, he really is a very good player in my opinion and someone Celtic have got to try and hold on to

Jesus, Rangers are muck. Celtic aren't at their best but that's never gonna happen in an Old Firm. Nakamura, Petrov, Camara playing well. McGeady, Hartson, Lennon not bad either. Maloney not great other than a top class goal. Camara had a nightmare first 2 Celtic games and is never going to be forgotten. He has been excellent since, setting up 5 goals and solid defensively but I'm still not convinced. :)

Ended up 2-0, Rangers are a shambles :):)

Yeah Celtic totally dominated the second half and played some excellent football. I have to agree that Camara is looking like a very good player now. COuldnt believe Maloney got man of the match a there were much better players on that pitch tonight. Rangers are in serious trouble and if Celtic beat them in the next game I expect McLeish to get the chop

Posted these on a Celtic forum so might aswell post them here. If Prso scored that header/shoulder and it ended 1-1 maybe they'd be different but anway. :)

Boruc: 7 - Kept a clean sheet and couldn't wipe the smile off his face for YNWA

Telfer: 7 - Solid
    Balde: 7 - Solid
    McManus: 7.5 - Didn't hear Thompson mentioned much
    Camara: 8 - Getting better with every game. Excellent tonight.

McGeady: 7 - One of the best players in the first half (arguably better than Maloney). He tracked back whenever he was close to the ball and played it simple a lot of the time. Not the best 2nd half but was so close to finding Naka with a through ball.
    Nakamura: 8 - I thought he was excellent tonight. He wiggled his way out of everything and probably comes out with more credit for the 2nd goal than Balde as it was a superb ball in. Did his bit off the ball too.
    Petrov: 9 - Absolutely Everywhere. His touches were top class and he was superb off the ball. He was a clear leader tonight. Never gave up til the end.
    Lennon: 9 - Worked his arse off off the ball and won some vital challenges. Always there to take the pass. good decision not to shout at McGeady, something Stan can't help. :)

Maloney: 8 - Not the best of first half's but what a goal. He linked up with Hartson extremely well in the 2nd half.
    Hartson: 8 - Some of his touches were sublime. He never looked tired and another that worked his socks off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Nice to see McGeady breaking back into the side over the last couple of games and delivering the goods. Nice result too...Go on the bhoys!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i have to say i enjoyed that game great result :D:D

Does anybody know if the Bhoys V Rangers game next week is on BBC Scotland?

neacy69 wrote:
    Does anybody know if the Bhoys V Rangers game next week is on BBC Scotland?
    BBC only have the rights to the cup. The league game will be on Setanta only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

eirebhoy wrote:
    My brother just put €490 on Celtic. Can't see them winning now.:(

well i bet your bro is a very happy bunny now mate eh :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

3-0 in the second installment. Comfortable win for Celtic as rangers were very poor. McLeish might well be on the way out now. Celtic to go and win title now.

McGeady had an excellent game and scored the third. Hartson and Balde scored the other two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

bucks73 wrote:
    3-0 in the second installment. Comfortable win for Celtic as rangers were very poor. McLeish might well be on the way out now. Celtic to go and win title now.

McGeady had an excellent game and scored the third. Hartson and Balde scored the other two.

Good win for Celtic alright. Things are working out for Strachan in the end after all.

Excellent stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

What can i say,im fuc*in thrilled to bits,once again we've destroyed the huns and it's beautiful.....:D :D:D:D:D

Advertisement