Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 323 Glx Boot Struts

Options
  • 09-11-2005 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm in a bit of a situation. The boot struts (rods filled with gas that keep the boot up) on my Mazda are gone. Therefore, the boot won't stay up. It's fairly dangerous as if the boot fell on your hand, etc serious damage would be done.

I priced the struts from a Mazda dealer and they said it would cost €510 to replace the 2 struts. I have tried a few scrap yards around the area (Dungarvan) but I can't find them anywhere.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Phone Traynors up in the North - 04838891242 or just ring all the breakers in the Golden pages. You'll find these by ringing around but you will need to keep trying - Paschal Power in Glenmore Co. Kilkenny has a huge range of stuff, or Byrnes in Gorey would also have these and either yard will post them to you COD.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

510 Euro?? Are they made of solid gold or what? That's absolutely extracting the urine big-time!! :mad:

My car has something similar and you can get new struts for less than 50 euro without trying too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

As above thats a bloody ridiculous price,the only logical thing was maby he thought by struts you ment suspension?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

Thanks for the advice as to where to look for them...I'll try those places tomorrow.

The garage defintly quoted me for the right part, I even rang a second Mazda dealer to confirm and they gave me the same price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

Seriously! Ridiculous price for struts.
    If you check a few of the junkyards near Enniscorthy, there's a few struts left on some semi "detroyed". Il try get the number.
    That price is ridulous!!

• Advertisement

Cheers man.

You can pm me with the number if you want.

Thanks a mill.

I just rang Traynors and they have the struts....only cost 30 quid sterling!! Thanks a mill "Interceptor" for their number!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Good to hear. That's another motorist NOT being ripped off by a main dealer :)

Advertisement