Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rape lane

Options
  • 09-11-2005 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Im so sick of walkin down there and getting covered in mud...
    they should really do somethin bout it.. anyone else think so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

I totally agree! It's such a great shortcut into college but can't be navigated succesfully on those wet days without ruining your shoes and trousers. I do find it funny that everyone seems to refer to it as rape lane! I'm pretty sure nobody has been raped down there but if I'm wrong I'd love to hear a story!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

don't know about rapes but I'm sure a few people have bumped uglies down there over the years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i used to go to the school on the other side of the wall (left hand side as you walk down the lane into college). there was an ould fella that used to expose himself to kids and take ****s infront of them in that lane. good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

****s?

sh1ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Is this the lane down by Killians?

yep

yeah, i went to killians - didnt have to travel far did i? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭bobbi

yeah down beside killians it is pretty bad what harm would putting a footpath be and a bike track?Lots of ppl use it.I use it everyday it cuts 10/15mins off the journey:)

Finally! An issue that the SU SHOULD focus on! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I brought it up with an SU officer who's in my class. Nothing yet...
    there was an ould fella that used to expose himself to kids and take ****s infront of them in that lane. good times.

One of those guys in the park down near the Dodder in Milltown too. I called the police on him.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

pimpy c wrote:
    I'm pretty sure nobody has been raped down there but if I'm wrong I'd love to hear a story!
    I'm sorry, by what do you mean you'd love to hear a story about rape?

Back on topic: Your best bet's to get on to UCD themselves about it--seemingly putting in paths is one thing they don't mind doing for us mere students.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

I'm sorry, by what do you mean you'd love to hear a story about rape?

Strictly as an anecdote to tell other people! It'd be the talk of the town!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

pimpy c wrote:
    Strictly as an anecdote to tell other people! It'd be the talk of the town!
    for anecdote, read gossip ye?!

Ah well that's ok then.

we have the rape underpass in galway!limerick is just ummmmmmmmmm.... rape city

if someone slips on it and suits ucd they will have to pave it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Excuse my inertia but where exactly in UCD is ''rape lane''?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

The entrance is on Roebuck Road. Dunno where in UCD it comes out though (I go in the gate by the Law buildings myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

It comes out on the far side of the sports fields kinda between the creche and Belgrove. Freaky place though...I had a few guys pull a weapon on me and my little sister at the far end of it about 8 years ago - we legged it and were grand, but I don't really go down it too much anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

Here's a map.
    http://www.ucd.ie/images/subpage/maps/campusmap05.jpg
    I think it's the path that ends at "Wicket Gate" in 8H, if that helps anyone.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

ferdi wrote:
    i used to go to the school on the other side of the wall (left hand side as you walk down the lane into college). there was an ould fella that used to expose himself to kids and take ****s infront of them in that lane. good times.

When did you leave killians?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah, that's it there at 8H.

Korvanica wrote:
    When did you leave killians?
    class of 03

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Paving that lane which I always knew as "scary lane" will more than likely destroy various legendary knacker drinking areas for further generations. It's also quite fun to bomb down it on a bike throwing mud everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

blondie83 wrote:
    I had a few guys pull a weapon on me and my little sister at the far end of it about 8 years ago - !

by weapon read......what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

A handgun - which I naturally assumed was fake...untill they took out the clip and started taking the bullets out of it - gave us time to run though!:)

jesus christ!

Advertisement