Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost of replacing brake pads

Options
  • 09-11-2005 4:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for rough estimations of the cost of replacing the front brake pads in a '93 BMW 525i, with a reputable independant mechanic. I know it'll be higher than going to a local guy, and I don't mind that, I just want to make sure I don't get ripped off.

(By reputable I mean someone that's invested in test rigs and the like, that I could go to for just the higher end stuff if I wished. I'd just prefer to stick with one guy if he won't rip me off on the simpler stuff.)

adam

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Will you be supplying the pads and the left wheel brake sensor?
    Get a rough estimate of parts costs from www.gsfcarparts.com.
    It will take someone about 30-45 minutes to do it right as it is not a difficult task at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

kbannon wrote:
    Will you be supplying the pads and the left wheel brake sensor?
    Nah, I don't have the time or energy kbannon. :)
    Get a rough estimate of parts costs from www.gsfcarparts.com.
    It will take someone about 30-45 minutes to do it right as it is not a difficult task at all.
    Cheers.

Advertisement