Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rising Butt Hinges?

Options
  • 09-11-2005 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭

Any idea where I can get 3.5" rising butt hinges? Also how do you decide the "handed"ness of them?
    The ones I need:
    if you stand in front of the door as the door opens away from you, the hinges are on the left.Conversely if you stand in front of the door as it opens towards you, the hinges are on the right. So what does this make the handedness?
    Looked in woodies, they only have 4" ones, and I need to mount this on an aluminium door, so don't want to do too much modification as the holes etc will be different spacings.
    Cheers
    Ken

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 later

kenmc

I see you're in Dublin - If you're anywhere near churchtown then the guys in Churchtown stores will surely have them - they have everything else !! ( not affiliated just a customer ) One thing - If the base of the door has a draft excluder that intertwines with the piece stuck to the threshold you may have a problem as the door rises

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Thanks, yeah I was gonna try them at the weekend, they're not far away. I was looking for other suggestions too, in case they don't have them.
    Do you mean if the door kind of slots into the frame?? A bit like this, where the # is the door and the $ is the frame...
    ##
    ##
    ###$$
    ##$$$
    ###$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 later

yep,

that's what I meant - As the door opens and rises the hinge side could get stuck before it clears the threshold or upper frame.

If c stores dont have em - homebase is around the corner - not as ggod but you never know

Advertisement