Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eng Day no more?

Options
  • 09-11-2005 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

It has recently come to my attention that the infamous Eng Day will never again be held at UCD! That means no more stretcher race, arguably the most original event in the world, as well as loads of other cool stuff, most involving getting drunk off your tits! Well I say this cancellation cannot be stood for! Eng Day is something great and it would be a catastrophe for it to be shelved forever! What does everyone think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

What what what what WHAAAT?? Where'd you hear this? That can't be I need a day to do absolutely nothing and not remember a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

I know guys on the Eng Soc committee and the Eng Day committee and it's true! Basically, coz the day is so geared towards getting drunk the Engineering department want nothing to do with it anymore! There still will be an Eng Day but it won't be called 'Eng Day' and it definitely won't have a stretcher race!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's actually the so-called "Programme Office" said no. Which is a right pain in the ass as far as i'm concerned. 3 good eng days, and now none in final year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

What? That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard :eek: for Gods sake people need a day where they can just let off steam and relax for once - eng day was the day off legends and so many many great memories. Can't believe they're actually going to do that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I still have my Eng Day t shirts from 97 and 98. Stil covered in beer spills and all the messages my friends wrote all over it.

ah fond memories of the barn with fosters dollars and texacano crips.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Wow, that sucks. Kind of makes me wish I'd actually gone in for eng day last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Wow, that sucks. Kind of makes me wish I'd actually gone in for eng day last year..

You missed Eng Day???? That's jsut not done! That's like missing the birth of your kids! Shame on you!

Advertisement