Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRAI / LRRA Debate thread

Options
  • 09-11-2005 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I am a little confused with regard to the organization of N.R.A.I. I would like to ask the organisers who are they and who are their members. What is there mandate and from who. When is their A.G.M. How is it funded?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭skellig

The N.R.A.I was founded in 2005 and gained recogination by the I.C.F.R.A as the N.G.B for the R.O.I fullbore shooting.

Members of the N.R.A.I founded this association in order to compete on an international level in fullbore shooting around the world.
    Previous to this membrs of M.R.C attempted to form an association for fullbore shooting within the then N.R.P.A.I now known as S.S.A.I unsuccessfully. As most long range shooters know the M.N.S.C.I have always facilitated long range shooting ie F class / Classic Rifle and Target Rifle and while the S.S.A.I will not facilitate these formats of shoting WHAT ELSE WAS THRRE TO DO?????????
    Why would they not facilitate a fullbore /long range association one will never know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously at the moment its members mostly consist of M.N.S.C.I members ,this is propably due to the fact that there are not too many other long range/fullbore ranges around that can facilitate this type of sport.Hopefully in the near future this will change (fingers crossed)

Its the N.R.A.I belief that there are not enough ranges in the R.O.I for long range/fullbore shooting and will be seeking more clubs and ranges to join the N.R.A.I and most importantly we will see other long ranges appear THE MORE THE BETTER FOR OUR SPORT.

An AGM will be held in 2006 (date to be decided )
    This meeting will be advertised openly --all interested are welcome to come along and get involved.
    Funding will come from membership and thankfully to the home of the N.R.A.I the M.N.S.C.I ranges who will fundraise on its grounds as it has done in the past for other associations and charitable organizations.

I wish the N.R.A.I the best of luck in the future and I know that this much needed association will thrive as it is already rapidly growing and going places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

Well Skellig I Came In To Keep You Company, Because I Heard The Big Bad Boys Were Getting Ready To Attack You.
    Warm In Here Now?
    Boudica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Kimber

Skellig,

The very best of luck to you all.
    I travel over and Back to Bisley so far 5 times since Feb.
    I have met the F Class Team during the Pheonix. Good bunch of people.
    I shoot Gallery Rifle and LBR in .22 & .38.
    Why I do it, because there is a facility to do it. No more no less.

I will be travelling to Bisley next year about 8 Times at the minute.
    I travel to the states also.
    This is out of my own pocket. But this is because I love my sport.

This is a very positive move. Because there is a Shooting Centre in Ireland for this sport when up untill now. There was not and looking to the horizon there would not have been anything forthcoming.

And if the N.R.A.I. has the facility to cater for my type of sport in the future.
    I will travel there also. No Politics. I just wanna enjoy my sport and do what the firearm is designed to do. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot at Paper Targets.

Well done to one and all and the very very best of luck.
    Your hard work will pay off.
    When I bump into the F Cass Team again. I will give my wishes in person.
    Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

1911 wrote:
    I am a little confused with regard to the organization of N.R.A.I. I would like to ask the organisers who are they and who are their members. What is there mandate and from who. When is their A.G.M. How is it funded?

From what i know of the N.R.A.I and its not much.
    If it wasnt for them we wouldnt have a international team going over to bisley and other places around the world with the IRISH Flag on there chest
    BTW it comes out of there own money that they work for day in and day out
    1911 wrote:
    How is it funded?

I belive its from the members them selfs

On a persaonal note you wouldnt meet a kind, giving, sound group of people anywere else

GG N.R.A.I

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

Some of you will recall the row over how the pistol team was selected for the "Tyrol Open" competition last year and whether or not, they had the right to call themselves an Irish team. Does the same issue apply here?
    QUOTE FROM BOUDICA "Hello Boys And Girls, The N.R.A.I. Are Sending An F-class Squad To Bisley To Compete In A Two Day Internatioal Challenge Match (19,20 And 21 November 2005).
    The Republic Of Ireland Will Be Competing Against Germany,france And Great Britian. There Will be Three Teams Of Four Competing for the ROI
    This Will Be The N.R.A.I.'s Third International "

How was this team selected?
    Was an open competition held?
    Were all clubs and competitors who could have competed notified?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Does the same issue apply here?
    It applies whenever a National team is sent abroad, and there are some questions to answer there. There is, however, one significant difference in that the NRAI is the NGB for Class F shooting, being the only internationally recognised body for such from Ireland. Hence at least the question of "should this body be eligible to send a National team" doesn't arise.

if your not a member LEUPOLD of the N.R.A.I. or the M.N.S.C.I HOW CAN YOU BE INFORMED? JOIN US AND BE INFORMED.

THE TEAM WILL BE SELECTED IN BISLEY, ITS A SQUAD THAT IS GOING.

ALL MENBERS OF THE N.R.A.I. WERE NOTIFIED BY THE NRAI NEWSLETTER, AND ON THE GROUNDS OF THE M.N.S.C.I. NOTICE BOARD.

Boudica, that's not a good enough policy when National teams are concerned. The whole point of a National team is that it's made up of the best the country has in a sport, irregardless of club affiliation. So the NRAI will have to advertise more openly for the tryouts for the team, even if the shoots themselves can only be run in the Midlands due to a lack of facilities. That's part and parcel of being an NGB.

boudica wrote:
    if your not a member LEUPOLD of the N.R.A.I. or the M.N.S.C.I HOW CAN YOU BE INFORMED? JOIN US AND BE INFORMED.

THE TEAM WILL BE SELECTED IN BISLEY, ITS A SQUAD THAT IS GOING.

ALL MENBERS OF THE N.R.A.I. WERE NOTIFIED BY THE NRAI NEWSLETTER, AND ON THE GROUNDS OF THE M.N.S.C.I. NOTICE BOARD.
    Boudica's reply illustrates the dilemma which underlies the structure and history of the NRAI. A true NGB has to be club and range independent. The NRAI as it currently exists is neither. In essence what the reply says is that if you are a member of the MNSCI then you would know about the selection process, if there was one. I like the sophistry Boudica, sending a squad not a team . Does not get around the issue though of how the squad was selected to represent the ROI.

what the reply says is that if you are a member of the MNSCI then you would know about the selection process
    I think it was more that if you were a member of the NRAI or if you were physically at the Midlands club, you'd have known. But the point's valid enough, the NRAI needs to advertise this stuff more widely. Granted, we've just seen an announcement here, but it's a tad late in the game for this squad. That said, they're not the only ones guilty of this, and frankly, the other bodies who've done this kind of thing have been operating a lot longer and don't have the excuse of teething troubles to explain the failing!
    A true NGB has to be club and range independent.
    Also a valid point, but frankly the NRAI would seem to be doing all that's feasible in that regard, especially given the short time they've been operating for. There's not too many facilities for this sort of shooting in the country. As I understand it, there's basicly the Midlands, and Ballykindler up North. Given that, it was inevitable that the NGB would grow out of one or the other of those; and the NRAI's been seperated as an organisation from the Midlands club, so that it's free to diverge over time in terms of members and committee people and so on.

Hopefully, they'll note the real problems and fix them; as opposed to other bodies, which show no signs of doing so :(

• Advertisement

What im about to say applys here,

Its been done befor but i think its funny how people make new accounts to put something down they dont understand or want to understand!

From what i know as little as it is, The N.R.A.I has talked to or informed every major shooting group here in ireland one way or another over the last few year, And they all turned there back on them, NOW that ireland is starting to do well and F-Class shooting is taking off they all want a part of it and are asking STUPID question now and trying to under mind
    the N.R.A.I. You all know were the MidLands club is if any of you have anything to say i think you should go down and say it to the face of the people youre stabing in the BACK here online!

I think we should be thankfull that a SQ of people are willing to spend there own hard money and time to go over and fly the IRISH flag in bisley or were ever they have to go. **** its not like there not winning, Nearly every comp they go to there is golds coming back,

THANK YOU GUYS & GIRLS

zzzzz

Are you a member of the NMSCI and/or have you been selected to represent your country Nema?

Leupold wrote:
    Are you a member of the NMSCI and/or have you been selected to represent your country Nema?

It would be an HONOR to represent IRELAND !!

Well Leupold, Sorry I Did Not Wellcome You To The Boards, I Was In A Rush Earlier. Getting Ready To Go To Bisley U Know.

There Is No Getting Away From This Fact " You Must Be A Member Of A Club Affiliated To The NRAI To Shoot For The ROI, In F-class, Target Rifle And Match Rifle"

If I Want To Shoot For Ireland In Any Of The Shootgun Disciplines I Must Be A Member Of The I.C.P.S.A..

The Squad Consists Of Those Able To Afford To Go,the Members Going Pay For Every Thing Them Selves.
    If You Want To Go We Could Do With More Members, So Join And Shoot With Us, And See If You Are Of The Standard Required.

NRAI Encourage All To Join It's Affiliated Clubs, But Leupold I Get A Felling You Do Not Want To Join The NRAI.

So To All Those Wishing To Shoot F-class, Tr,and Match Join Your Local NRAI Approved Club. Can You Recruit On The Boards I Wonder, Better Ask Sparks.
    Love The Gourgous Boudica

Can I join the NRAI as an individual member and if so how much does it cost and can I then shoot at the MNSCI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 disco kid

HI ALL
    im begining to think that leupold and boudica are a pair of xxxxs
    because they are bitching at each other as if they were?
    make up and hold hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭skellig

Following your query about the N.R.A.I on how to achieve a place on the team it is clear to me you are not in anyway in the know about how most teams are made up internationally for long range shooting.Perhaps you are more aware of how silhouette teams are made up and so on.

For an F class team to be picked in an international competition the normal practice is for a squad of "F class shooters" (these people have an interest in that sport and practice it on the M.N.S.C.I ranges) to meet on whatever range the competition is on and shoot for a couple of days in individual competition ,following this the best shooters are picked for the international team --it is as simple as that!
    For those that dont make it they will gladly help their countries team on the day ie register keepers /coaching /spotting/ carrying equipment etc.

If you have a genuine interest in long range shooting why not call down to the M.N.S.C.I and enquire. I am sure they would show you around the range and explain how it works, hear them out and im sure you will join (thats if you have an interest in long range shooting)

My compliments to boudicas statement (quote ) "if I want to shoot for Ireland in any of the shotgun disciplines I must be a member of the I.C.P.S.A " surely its clear now to anyone who has been confused as to how it works.

As for the S.S.A.I and N.R.A.I its a pity they cant be united as one.Maybe someday the S.S.A.I will open its door to the long range shooter or maybe vice a versa!!!

is 1911 and freinds still confused ?

I Would Say Not, I Heard They Are Going To Join The Nrai. One Of My Girlfriends Is A Spy. Gourgous Boudica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 MP

skellig wrote:
    Following your query about the N.R.A.I on how to achieve a place on the team it is clear to me you are not in anyway in the know about how most teams are made up internationally for long range shooting.Perhaps you are more aware of how silhouette teams are made up and so on.

For an F class team to be picked in an international competition the normal practice is for a squad of "F class shooters" (these people have an interest in that sport and practice it on the M.N.S.C.I ranges) to meet on whatever range the competition is on and shoot for a couple of days in individual competition ,following this the best shooters are picked for the international team --it is as simple as that!
    For those that dont make it they will gladly help their countries team on the day ie register keepers /coaching /spotting/ carrying equipment etc.

If you have a genuine interest in long range shooting why not call down to the M.N.S.C.I and enquire. I am sure they would show you around the range and explain how it works, hear them out and im sure you will join (thats if you have an interest in long range shooting)

My compliments to boudicas statement (quote ) "if I want to shoot for Ireland in any of the shotgun disciplines I must be a member of the I.C.P.S.A " surely its clear now to anyone who has been confused as to how it works.

As for the S.S.A.I and N.R.A.I its a pity they cant be united as one.Maybe someday the S.S.A.I will open its door to the long range shooter or maybe vice a versa!!!

Anyone know how much it costs for a club to affiliate to the NRAI? Anyone got a copy of the application form? Anyone a member of a club that has affiliated and can they post details of how they did this and what the benefits are of affiliating? I would be prepared to set up a club and affiliate to the NRAI so that people could then compete in F-Class, not sure about MAtch or Target as none of the people I shoot with have centrefire target rifles. Any information welcome. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 1911

disco kid wrote:
    is 1911 and freinds still confused ?

Yes i still am confused and have another question , that i will post in a new thread,

P.S I got no freinds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 1911

L.R.R.A Mandate

I am a little confused with regard to the organization of L.R.R.A. I would like to ask the organisers who are they and who are their members. What is there mandate and from who. When is their A.G.M. How is it funded?

1911 are you confused again ?
    well so am i. i would like to know were is their range because i will join up if it is
    within traveling distance of me? long range rifle ass. with a name like that they
    must have at least 1000 yrds will somebody give me directions and we will call on sunday provideing we can find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kink

Right Lads and Lady!

I’ve been watching with interest for the last wee while all the comings and goings on the boards here, and I feel that it is my time to give my 2 cents worth...

For a forum that is mostly concerned with the male of the species (except of course for the gorgeous Boudica) I must admitted that I do find it highly amusing that there is more bitchen going on here than between two auld ones over Dunne’s vs. Penny’s prices down the local bingo hall...
    aging_173_01-6.jpg

Maybe it is the fact that I’m a lady shooter (*waves at Boudica*) or maybe its because I haven’t yet (and don’t intend) to become embroiled in the political warfare insueing or maybe its just my personality but I would like to take the opportunity to focus on the good in the shooting world.

I was introduced in this highly addictive sport almost two years ago by an ex (I’d post as to why he was my ex but from my experience ye men get bored very quickly with the over analysis of relationships...feel free to pm me Boudica for the nitty gritty :rolleyes: )!!My discipline is purely .22 target shooting (I do that this doesn’t lose me respect with the ‘big’ boys) and am a paid member of the Midland Nation Shooting Centre of Ireland. This Club from what I can see has not been receiving the praise that it should be. The facilities are always up to a very high standard and they are always working tirelessly to develop them. There’s always someone around to help whether that’s setting a scope or lending you a jacket on a cold day on the line! A safe atmosphere is at the shooters disposal, a far cry from a farmers field with a box or rock for setting your rifle on that my brother as a young lad had to indure. The atmosphere is always friendly and welcoming and I would really like to take this opportunity to say to all the lads and woman over there that gives up there spare time to dedicated to the range and trying and succeeding in making it better and better every year.

The politics of this board does not concern me in any way and my only relation to the club is membership and monthly visits, so all I’m doing is giving credit where credit is due.

I apologise if this shocks :eek: all of the begrudgers but it has needed to be said for a while now.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, 1911, Is That A Little Tear I See, Well Come Over Here And I'LL Be Your Girlfriend, And Give You A Kiss And A Cuddle.
    XX GOURGOUS BOUDICA

Kink wrote:
    Right Lads and Lady!

I’ve been watching with interest for the last wee while all the comings and goings on the boards here, and I feel that it is my time to give my 2 cents worth...

For a forum that is mostly concerned with the male of the species (except of course for the gorgeous Boudica) I must admitted that I do find it highly amusing that there is more bitchen going on here than between two auld ones over Dunne’s vs. Penny’s prices down the local bingo hall...
    aging_173_01-6.jpg

Maybe it is the fact that I’m a lady shooter (*waves at Boudica*) or maybe its because I haven’t yet (and don’t intend) to become embroiled in the political warfare insueing or maybe its just my personality but I would like to take the opportunity to focus on the good in the shooting world.

I was introduced in this highly addictive sport almost two years ago by an ex (I’d post as to why he was my ex but from my experience ye men get bored very quickly with the over analysis of relationships...feel free to pm me Boudica for the nitty gritty :rolleyes: )!!My discipline is purely .22 target shooting (I do that this doesn’t lose me respect with the ‘big’ boys) and am a paid member of the Midland Nation Shooting Centre of Ireland. This Club from what I can see has not been receiving the praise that it should be. The facilities are always up to a very high standard and they are always working tirelessly to develop them. There’s always someone around to help whether that’s setting a scope or lending you a jacket on a cold day on the line! A safe atmosphere is at the shooters disposal, a far cry from a farmers field with a box or rock for setting your rifle on that my brother as a young lad had to indure. The atmosphere is always friendly and welcoming and I would really like to take this opportunity to say to all the lads and woman over there that gives up there spare time to dedicated to the range and trying and succeeding in making it better and better every year.

The politics of this board does not concern me in any way and my only relation to the club is membership and monthly visits, so all I’m doing is giving credit where credit is due.

I apologise if this shocks :eek: all of the begrudgers but it has needed to be said for a while now.

I am also a member of the M.N.S.C.I and what Kink is saying is true, You wont find a better, kind, Nice, Sound Group of people then the lads and girls in the midlands.

I am down there 3/4 times a week, And the management go out of there way to make you feel welcome, I just cant put it in to words,
    I am a normal bloke from North Dublin that loves shooting his 6.5x55. If you dont know anything about shooting they will be more then happy to talk to you, teach you whatever you need the will do, I needed help one day and the kind man that he is John-Paul whent out of his way to help me,

thats my 2 cent as they say !!

I believe that the NRAI was set up with the best of intentions to organize F class etc in Ireland. However, as far as I can tell, the membership is primarily members of the MNCSI. As the MNSCI is a commercial operation, this has affected the way they have organised the NRAI . This is the reason that the constitution, organisation, how to join etc are not clear. A conflict has to be possible between the goals of an NGB and the goals of a commercial operation which can only be solved by complete seperation of operations. The nature of the type of shooting involved means that the primary range to be used is likely to be at Tullamore but it should be easy for the NRAI to effect this seperation and ensure that all NRAI affilliated clubs and members can shoot on the range. What plans does the NRAI have to do this?

She Is Confused Too..... Who Are The LRRA............i Know This Is A Winde Up? It's The ladies Rifle Range Assocation.......finally There Is A Club For The Girls

My understanding is that the LRRA has been organised to promote and administer the sports involved in long rannge shooting(F class etc.) at National level because no one else seems to be doing it at the moment.

• Advertisement

Ah Hem Cough (hand Up) MNSCI.......NRAI.....leupold, There Is More Out Side Of Dublin, Try Getting Out More.

Do The LRRA Have A Range......if They Do Not, The SSAI Will Acceept Them.

Do You Represent Them, Are You A Member?

Invite: The LRRA Are Cordially Invited To Become Members Of MNSCI And Shoot Against The Other Clubs At National Level And Retaining There Own I.d..
    As The NRAI Are The Only Organisation Who Can Do It Officially, At National And International Level.

Have U Ever Been On The MNSCI Grounds LEO?

Advertisement