Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For all you people who thought you were good pilots...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

erm.
    He's good sure. But ropey, he aint that good. With the exception of bombing, I can fly just as well as that. I just don't really enjoy flying planes, because you get Tk'ed so much when ya try to get in a plane. and there are idiots who will stand on front of you just so you either run over them(and obviously they punish) or you get out of the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I'd like to see him try that up against some really excellent pilots...
    Still amazing stuff though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

was on a 64 man server playig Dalian Plant earlier today - one where USMC start on warship only.
    We had n00b pilots and they did jack all... and China guys were freaken amazing helo and jet pilots.
    Not one boat or BH made it to land, and constant arty wiped us out.
    I managed to get a boat unseen to the mainland, but we only had 60 tickets Vs nearly their full count.
    A beatings of beatings... just shows how crucial good pilots are and how effective they can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Bit too much base raping for my liking. Sure he's a good pilot but I've seen guys go through rounds flying without being shot down. I might have even done it myself once at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

:confused: The guy was never shot down, hardly took any damage. Also, that wasn't base raping, looked pretty strategic to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

How is that fun ? Its like playing against the CPU on easy he sticks to 2 areas and just flies around and around, theres not much possibility of being hit. Kinda defeats the idea of playing online for a better challenge the cpu if thats all you do.

You should be allowed shoot people like that in the back as they q for planes.

kdjac

Ebonyks wrote:
    Also, that wasn't base raping, looked pretty strategic to me.

He was going in an destroying planes/people/vehicles before they even had a chance to get out of the base. Thats base raping to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Other pilots where sh*t....he gets behind one...gets lock on....no flares or anything....he has to slow up to hit them!!! sorry but seen alot better people on random servers than this guy!! he is ok but nothing special....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Arabel wrote:
    Bit too much base raping for my liking. Sure he's a good pilot but I've seen guys go through rounds flying without being shot down. I might have even done it myself once at some stage.
    I can vouch for arabel here being a complete bastard of a pilot...hes the main reason i grew to hate op clean sweep...bloody F15!!!
    Dinnerer you baaaaaaaaaaastard!!! /bomb lands on head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Base raping aside, the guy deserves credit, his use of guns is savage....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Serious man this man is average at best!! plenty better pilots around....terrible pilot of aircraft myself...think it is because I dont use joystick....Im a heli man thru and thru

Deadwing wrote:
    I can vouch for arabel here being a complete bastard of a pilot...hes the main reason i grew to hate op clean sweep...bloody F15!!!
    Dinnerer you baaaaaaaaaaastard!!! /bomb lands on head :D

Ah come on now, I'm a bag of sticks compared to Pavan.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

i think his bombing is very accurate and has a nice method of doing it, his use of cannon is alright. follows a very obvious pattern and hadnt much competition with the other pilots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

bombing was good, nothing spectacular about the flying and tbh the ppl he was shooting didnt do much to stop him i mean he locked onto several ppl and they did jack, no flares or nothing, had he hav had any competition it may hav been different.

Still good overall

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Well impressed, he dominated the map, obviously the competition was a bit tame, but mayb it was cause they couldn`t get off the ground !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

meh
    ive shot down better

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Ruffty^ wrote:
    Well impressed, he dominated the map
    From his POV he did, I dunno about overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Seems to be a lot of unimpressed people posting. How bout you lads use FRAPs to record your flying escapades and we shall critique them?

Personnally I though he was quite good.

honestly though he had no opposition, and you are only seeing his viewpoint.
    every now and again he shoots down a bomber with a noob pilot and he does strafing runs on the runway........

apart from his above average skills at avoiding missile fire (ill give him that) there is nothing in that video that says he is an outstanding pilot.

And if i got more than 20fps with fraps on i would record it but until then i think not as turning fraps on means my game is gonna suck ass and anything im trying to prove wont get proven.

If you want to fly against me add me on xfire and join my server. i know how to use the planes, i dont ram people unless its an accident and i dont return to base unless ive expended all my ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

jaggeh wrote:
    If you want to fly against me add me on xfire and join my server. i know how to use the planes, i dont ram people unless its an accident and i dont return to base unless ive expended all my ammo.

I'm sure your a great BF2 pilot thats why I'd like to see some video clips. Sucks that you can't make them :(

We could all learn from them.

I just picked up how to bomb a bit better form the provided clip. Although sitting in the rear cockpit might also provide that.

• Advertisement

ill give fraps another go tonight, i havent tried it since i got my GF6 but i doubt it will work

Advertisement