Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Moon"

Options
  • 09-11-2005 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Any views on DIT's new newspaper?

I thought it had some excellent moments and then some not so excellent moments, but all in all I felt it had a better first issue then The Compact.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

had a flick and wonder why it was called "the moon", read the article about DIT being the best IT in ireland or whatever and put it down.

it's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

strange name but better then the compact first issue wisse. Twas more of an actual paper rather then a magazine like the compact

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its a load oh SH1TE. the review on the anabels night....where the hell do i start, the retard who wrote it spelt Anabels wrong for starts...he got kicked out for being too drunk after like 2 hours...yet he slated the night and insinuated the use of drugs....there is hell to be paid if i ever see the mofo...theres a lynch-mob awaiting him...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

i thought it was ok

one thing i did notice was that in the piece on redsoc, the person who wrote it started off sarcastically slating redsoc, which as we all know, im for, but then goes on to finish supporting them.

its inconsisitant i tells ya.............at least thats the impression i got.

oh and i heard from another source that the description of the night in anabels was pretty damn accurate

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

(not as bad) :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah, its seems very hit and miss, with a lot of contributors... some being quality, others being suspect. I noticed the Red Soc article myself..you think when hes complaining hes actually slating RED soc, but no, hes slating every other society.
    I thinks its called the Moon cause... well.. The Sun, The Star... it kinda follows on. I dont like the font they used though, its not strong enough for a main title.

the paper last year had a bit more style imo

i think the change came about because ditsu are backing the compact this year, where as last year they backed the good auld dit indo.

this year the moon, the new version of the dit indo, is being written and organized by the journalism soc.

fair play to them tho, for providing another source of journalism for dit.

having just the compact would imo make for fierce boring reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah I'm suprised theres not been more random publications floating around. (I know I keep mentioning it but...) Trinity have loads of random things popping up all the time from all sorts of random sources. Anyhows, yeah, fairplay to the journo soc for getting it off the ground. Hopefully they can reinforce the quality for the 2nd issue like The Compact did. It was a bit too hit and miss in my opinion.

practice makes perfect i spose

• Advertisement
Advertisement