Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB to deploy WiMax

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Sure its up and running on the 3rock mast for the past 6-8weeks not sure if any customer equipment is in place yet. (Weekend it went into the 3rock mast my connection went to **** and has been so since)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

u on rte or 3 rock?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

it would probably help if they read the manual. Dodge City Broadband company would do a better job, get those idiots out of here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

im on 3rock prob getting turned to rte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

will this be a new service or will we existing customers be able to take advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

What is Wi max anyway?

Google is a wonderful thing:

http://www.intel.com/netcomms/technologies/wimax/

It will prob be a new service. Will require new equipment anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

irlrobins wrote:
    Google is a wonderful thing:

http://www.intel.com/netcomms/technologies/wimax/

It will prob be a new service. Will require new equipment anyway.

cheeky barstand !! he was asking Boardsters to explain ! we all know what Google is !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

IBB couldn't deploy a fart after three plates of beans.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

No i suspect they'll flog it to other hapless bozos and then claim that they're having 'technical difficulties. barefaced pricks.

• Advertisement

Drapper wrote:
    he was asking Boardsters to explain !

Sorry. Didn't seem that way to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I'm just off the phone to IBB tech support... again. This guy (and he was quite helpful i have to say) just didn't seem to know much about the technicalities of the connections. I told him i was getting upwards of 30% packetloss and he told me there was no packetloss between my radio and the highsite, therefore the problem must be my connection to the highsite, and i'd have to be moved to a different highsite. :rolleyes:

Still, i'll be ringing back tomorrow, hopefully getting put through to secondline this time, or failing that i'll ring the main IBB reception and ask there to be put through to a manager type person. This is rediculous! Unusable connection more than 60% of the time i try to use it.

irlrobins wrote:
    Sorry. Didn't seem that way to me.

Well I was, as an explination would not only benifit me but others who read this thread. Im assuming its some new wireless protocall made by intel. But seeing as I dont know what protocol im even on now with my current IBB it all means little to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

In layman’s terms currently they can only get 4 mbs up and down on a particular frequency. When your on the 2mb package on a 24:1 ration chances are your there with 48 people at that frequency.

Wi-max goes up to 54mvs per sec. But knowing Irish bb that means they will do a big advertising campaign and fob off most of there customers.

I don’t suppose anybody has tried to get in touch with the investors. I mean anybody who has in anyway tried to deal with the customer service has come away saying “that’s it the contract is not going to be renewed”. I think this is an issue that has worrying consciences for a company’s future.

Thanks thats a fair enough explanation.

Thing i never get about contention is I have often gotten the full 2 meg down. I cant be the only one of 24 people having their share of the pie can I?

they might have enough capacity to give you the full 2 Meg. Prehaps if they sign on more people to your mast/area then the capacity for full 2 megs becomes full and then you'll start to see a drop in speed.

Advertisement