Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL problems

• 09-11-2005 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Has anyone in the Crumlin\Kimmage area experienced problems with NTL in the last week? My connection has been up and down since last wednesday. It seems to lose connection completety with the modem not even able to sync and get an ip address. I reported it and I have someone coming out on Saturday but I suspect it could be a something in the area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

we have service interruptions to NTL digital tv and cable modem since last Thursday. have been bugging NTL with telephone calls many times a day, until this moment they can only say "we cannot assure you when the service will be back but we are trying to restore the service".

even one or two operators on the call said "it should be fine, we are running backup network". guess what, the service is not THERE but some operators still insisted asking us re-connecting wires, rebooting digibox, etc.

i won't put much hope to having all the services back this weekend, but who knows. arghhh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Has anyone in the Crumlin\Kimmage area experienced problems with NTL in the last week? My connection has been up and down since last wednesday. It seems to lose connection completety with the modem not even able to sync and get an ip address. I reported it and I have someone coming out on Saturday but I suspect it could be a something in the area.
    did you check your signal levels? in your router?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/signal.html

take a look, if there is a problem with the desirable levels , yes its your house, if the levels are fine its a NTL issue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I was having a problem there all last week but then on Friday it just started working again (in Crumlin) so it does sound like something is up with their network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Everything has been working fine since last Thursday night. I think they had engineers out working on something in the area because it went down completely for most of Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Probably getting your ready for a nice big Christmas upgrade :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement