Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom fittings, showers etc

Options
  • 09-11-2005 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Anyone find any incredible value in bathroom suites, shower valves etc? Just about to embark on a big purchase to kit out bathrooms and ensuites and want to ensure that I don't hear about fantastic value after the fact! Any posts and advice would be gratefully appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Just to let you know that I pretty much got the answer to this question myself but thought I would share the info with you.

Shower Valves - Grohe - at incredible prices on offer for limited time only at Gilroy Tiling Naas (and Sligo too I think?)

Fab value in nice ensuites, bathroom suites etc at Country Tiles, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow (Very helpful and will deliver anywhere)

Great value in large baths at House of Tiles Carlow

Great value in shower trays, doors, steam shower kits, baths etc at PJ Nolan Heating and Plumbing Carlow. (Very very helpful)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Sorry Builderwoman. I meant to reply to this before but forgot. I am not at the stage yet where I am sourcing bathroom suites etc but a few months ago Aldi were selling ensuite sets (dual flush toilet and sink & pedestal) for €170. I couldn't resist and got two sets and they are good quality (plain finish). The guy in Aldi said they will probably be doing them again at some stage. I don't know if they will tell you but they might be worth a ring to see when they are doing them.

Thanks for the contacts, I might try them in a few months when I am kitting out the main bathroom.;)

Best of luck with the rest of your build. From your posts on this forum it really looks like you are enjoying the whole experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

Builderwoman!
    Since we seem to be at the same stuff, what's the story with your shower(s)?
    We have one electric, and two thermostatically controlled power showers. We're to have a pump in the hot press serving the two manual showers.
    What I don't know is what bar pressure the pump should be and what kind of valves I need.
    Shower guy reckons for anything from 1.5 bar upwards, the shower valves should be high-pressure, otherwise the low-pressure valves will creak under the pressure and seals will wear. I suppose the downside is that high-pressure valves will empty your immersion heater quicker (you can always turn them down!).

Anyway I'm thinking at least 2 bar for the pump and then two high-pressure valves. How 'bout you?
    /M.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Shower Valves - Grohe - at incredible prices on offer for limited time only at Gilroy Tiling Naas (and Sligo too I think?)
    Hey what sort of Grohe stuff do they have on sale?
    Is it stuff like taps /shower heads etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Hey Manuel,

I took the advice from my (complete waster of a) plumber and went with a 1.5 bar Stuart Turner 55 shower pump. He didn't mention anything about high or low pressuer shower valves so I guess our single lever mixer is just the standard one.

Rather than raise the cold water pump up off the joists, he said leaving it sitting on the joists would be preferably. Result is we spent a few hundred quid on a shower pump and its just about powerful enough, certainly less power than I expected. So my advice is to definitely go with the more powerful pump and the proper valves - as you said you can always turn it down a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

Don't know if its within your area of travel but Ganlys of athlone do good value for money in sanitary wares showers etc. They're just off the bypass if you exit for Roscommon. Maybe not the absolute cheapest but cheap and over the years the extended family have got lot of stuff from them with no returns yet.

Advertisement