Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface Voicemail - How do you know when you have one?

• 09-11-2005 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that the phone rings once about an hour after a voicemail is left.
    However if you miss this ring, nothing happens anymore after this to let you know you have a voicemail. There's no change in dial tone. Maybe its in a setup somewhere. Does yours ring just the once or does it ring every hour til you pick up the voicemail? Can it be setup to notify you properly of a voicemail. I know it emails the voicemail to you but i dont always check my email when i come home.

My setup is Linksys router with 2 phone ports and a normal cordless phone plugged into the router.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I got the *feature* turned off as it was annooying the hell out of me, but I found my phone would ring once every few min if I had a new voicemail available. (Sipura 2100 ATA)

Other then that I know I have a voicemail as its e-mailed to me as a .wav file and I have a rule setup to forward it to my work e-mail address also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

It's nothing to do with blueface. Its your phone!!

Get a phone that lets you know if you've missed a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

UberNewb wrote:
    It's nothing to do with blueface. Its your phone!!

Get a phone that lets you know if you've missed a call.

I have a phone that lets me know if ive missed a call. What im looking for is notification that there are voicemails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi
    You should get a copy of the voicemail in your e-mail but I know you might not have your PC on to get the mail

I also think:
      When you pick-up the handset is a different tone than the dial tone
      There's an option in some ATA for the phone to ring every few minutes when you have a voicemail. Not sure if you can change the interval on how many minutes the phone rings.

You might want to send a mail to blueface support@blueface.ie or call them in 3000 and they can answer you within a few minutes in most cases.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

My phone has a little icon that appears in the display panel. I didn't know the phone did this until recently so other DECT phones may do this too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

paulm17781 wrote:
    My phone has a little icon that appears in the display panel. I didn't know the phone did this until recently so other DECT phones may do this too.

mine has a little icon that tells me there is a missed call. The only problem is that a missed call doesnt always mean a voicemail was left. Its a small problem, just a little bit inconvenient. I cant find any option in my router to let me know i have voicemail. Does anyone else have this option?

Advertisement