Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fast M3 at the Nurburgring

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its a race prepared M3 GTR IIRC - of course its fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Yeah, it's just that it's so unusual for a beemer :p
    Well it is actually pretty phenomenal for anything! :)

I take it you have seen this by the way:
    http://www.gofastvideo.com/gallery/item/predownload/189/
    Is it the same car for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Wow, I'd love to be able to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

IrishRover wrote:
    Yeah, it's just that it's so unusual for a beemer :p

Eh, M5, 507bhp wha?

Ah sure you know I was only joking!
    Beemers are great :)

I'd say an M5 would look as stationary in comparison as the rest of the cars on the track did though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Phew! I need to lie down after that.
    Surely that film is speeded up? Everything else, including a Ruf Turbo(?), looked stationary by comparison.
    Slightest mistake on those fast sections and he's history - chap must have balls of steel.

Can you imagine being stuck behind a micra on the way home after driving like that :v:

IrishRover wrote:
    Ah sure you know I was only joking!
    Beemers are great :)

I'd say an M5 would look as stationary in comparison as the rest of the cars on the track did though.
    watch the master at work...
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=E60+M5+sabine&btnG=Search+Video

Yeah, I saw that one a little while ago Kbannon, and I wasn't that impressed with her driving in that one actually (wrong lines, not getting power on early enough, dangerous overtaking). The best explanation I can think of is that she's been round it so many times that going for fast laps bores her so she just looks to get fun out of it my deliberately trying different/wrong ways. What do you think?

[Actually, sorry - I was thinking it was this one you linked to: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4663069452162988713 ]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

that cars sounds awesome:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

kbannon wrote:

That M5 seems positively pedestrian compared to the GTR yoke.

• Advertisement

Yeah, doesn't it!

I wonder are the first two the same car though. The straight cut gears in the one "that might be a Lotus" sounds so much more piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote:
    watch the master at work..

*coughs* surely you mean mistress ;)

BTW afaik the best lap time for a production car at the NBR has been in the hands of a little known Dutch car for over a year now. Google Donkervoort

It shaved an amazing 15 seconds off the previous record held by a 612BHP Porsche Carrera GT

bmoferrall wrote:
    That M5 seems positively pedestrian compared to the GTR yoke.
    The GTR as I said is race prepared and not designed for carrying big fat Americans in comfort like the 5er.
    unkel wrote:
    *coughs* surely you mean mistress ;)
    I had typed mistress but it didn't have the same ring nor is it PC anymore. :D

IIRC Adam wants to marry her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

thats a great vid, anyone know how to download it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Damn, I'm never going to get any work done with you people posting stuff like this. Be off with you. Nothing to see here.

'c

unkel wrote:
    IIRC Adam wants to marry her :)
    I have come across loads who think the same. Personally, I think that while she is a good pilot, she is still a dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

IrishRover wrote:

Christ, if you couldn't see the shift* you'd swear it was jet powered :D

*It's good to see, no auto, no flappy paddles - full manual

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

ando wrote:
    thats a great vid, anyone know how to download it?
    That vid was posted here a few months back, it was a downloadable version at the time .wmv format. I have it on my machine somewhere but a bit of googling should find it online.

That's the fastest lap of the Nurburgring AFAIK, and to whoever asked was the video sped up, NO! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I posted it a few months back in wmv format - but it was killing the download limit for my site.

If you go to video.google.com you can see a larger version there. If you want the wmv version, m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv is the name of the file and it's about 55 megs in size.

Hans Stuck is a god.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

Hey wasn't that Sabine one on Top Gear a while back? She showed Jeremy Clarksn up on a lap of the track. Understandable considering all she does is drive around it everyday. But still, an excuse to have a few laughs at him is a worthy excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

A bunch of videos of Nurburgring laps can be downloaded from here:
    http://gandini.unm.edu/PGpages/Interests/Nurburgring.htm

Has some brilliant laps, inc. Derek Bell in Porsche 956 and one in a Radical - the fastest lap in a production road car - as well as the Hans Stuck BMW job of the original post :)

smoke wrote:
    Hey wasn't that Sabine one on Top Gear a while back?

Yup, she tried to get a van round in under 10 minutes. Almost made it

unkel wrote:
    Yup, she tried to get a van round in under 10 minutes. Almost made it

I thought she did make it? Clarkson had to drive the S-Type diesel around in under 10 minutes, and he did it in 9:59. And didn't she then say that she could beat that time in a van? iirc she hammered the time.

I'm not quite sure. I thought she was nowhere near on the first attempt and then they stripped the van and then she almost made it?

unkel wrote:
    I'm not quite sure. I thought she was nowhere near on the first attempt and then they stripped the van and then she almost made it?

I could be wrong, I'm only posting from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

No, I don't think she beat it.
    In fact, i think she said she could beat Clarksons fastest lap time in a SType by by about 10secs, i.e 9:50secs, but she was about 10:30 by the time she finished.
    Still an extreemly worthy lap time, in a LWB transit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

BTW, there was two episodes about this, hence some confusion about whether she beat him or not:

Epsoide 1 :Clarkson sets a lap time of 9:59 in an SType.
    Sabine thrashes his time on her first lap in the car. She comments that she could have beaten his time in a van

Episode 2 :They get a transit van over to the circut, to take up her challange. Her best time is about 10:30 iirc.

Good job. Well I was half right :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement