Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you rent Resident Evil 4?

Options
  • 09-11-2005 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I went to rent this today for the PS2 and Xtravision said they got it in for sale but not for rent. I only have Xtravision and another independent video shop (who also don't have it) nearby.

Have you seen it to rent anywhere out of interest?
    I know when you buy it it comes in a metal tin but I doubt that would have anything to do with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

places dont usually have games to rent until they are out a month or two.

At least thats the way it was a few years ago when i rented everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

TBH, renting RE4 is a crime. BUY IT!

My local xtravision normally has everything to rent on release day, haven't checked if they had RE4 yet though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Resi isn't exactly a short game. A good 20 hours long of pure videogaming bliss. There are loads of extras and the mercenaries unlockable is a fantastic pass around drinking game. Buy it you fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Are the the extras worth it over the GCs graphics?

I have it for PS2 havent played it yet tho :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I believe the graphics and loadtimes are better on the GC. I'd consider those more important than any extras they could add.

I want to rent the game first before I buy also. From what I've heard the game isn't as different from the previous RE's as some people suggest. And I thoroughly disliked Killer7 for much of it's RE-like game mechanics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I believe the graphics and loadtimes are better on the GC. I'd consider those more important than any extras they could add.

I want to rent the game first before I buy also. From what I've heard the game isn't as different from the previous RE's as some people suggest. And I thoroughly disliked Killer7 for much of it's RE-like game mechanics.

It is absolutely completely amazingly different than the other resident evils. Dont bother renting , buy it. Game of the year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57683

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I plays nothing like the old resi games. It is a massive departure. It feels completely different and the emphasis is on action with a few throw away puzzles that won't tax you at all. And wait until you see the bosses. It is nothing like Killer 7. This year has been fantastic for excellent games and yet Resi 4 is probably my favourite game of the year. I just have to decide if Resi 4 or Shadow of the colossus should be number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Definitely buy it. It's a keeper.

The PS2 version also doesn't have the annoying borders and a proper widescreen mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Fine, ok, I'll buy it! :)

I'm so fickle, a few posts on boards telling me to do it and I do.

I've ordered it online from Blahdvd, cheapest place I found it. When it'll get here is another story.
    If you don't mind I'd like a donation of €5 from everyone who told me to buy it so I can pay my credit card bill. :)

I suppose I should support the very good games by buying rather than renting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Wow .....wow and mega WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Playing drunk on hard is stupid but handy when playing man for man, now to play it sober should result in a longer lifespan for Leon more than a minute.

.....its 2 am an hour into the game kinda pissed, "just run away and get the shotgun its here somewhere(found some shells)" ......"oh look at that guy hes just stan...HOLY **** HES GOT A CHAINSAW RUN RUN RUN.......NERRRR NERRRRR NERRRR YOU ARE DEAD "**** we need bigger guns"

Plot is insanne but funny in a bad kinda way, gameplay make this the best PS2 game i have ever played, stunning and only problem is that the controls get you killed more than difficulty of the game. Cant wait to play it sober :p

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

KdjaC wrote:
    Wow .....wow and mega WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Playing drunk on hard is stupid but handy when playing man for man, now to play it sober should result in a longer lifespan for Leon more than a minute.

.....its 2 am an hour into the game kinda pissed, "just run away and get the shotgun its here somewhere(found some shells)" ......"oh look at that guy hes just stan...HOLY **** HES GOT A CHAINSAW RUN RUN RUN.......NERRRR NERRRRR NERRRR YOU ARE DEAD "**** we need bigger guns"

Plot is insanne but funny in a bad kinda way, gameplay make this the best PS2 game i have ever played, stunning and only problem is that the controls get you killed more than difficulty of the game. Cant wait to play it sober :p

kdjac

The best part is, it just keeps getting better :).

Advertisement