Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

warranty?

• 09-11-2005 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

In April I bought a sony T7 Digital Camera from a buyer on Ebay.

Yesterday I went to turn it on and its not doing anything, I tried a few spare batteries and they are doing nothing either. Do I have a valid Warranty in Ireland? It was bought brand new from a buyer in Hong Kong.

Where do I stand?

Also if I didnt have a valid warranty, Who would take a look @ it to repair it?

Sean.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Contact Sony (Ireland) for the best answer.
    From my dealings with Sony: It's unlikely that your (Limited) warranty will cover you in EMEA, you'll have to send it back to Hong Kong / designated support region.
    They may be able to repair the camera through the Irish support line; but if they can arrange this - you will have to pay.
    You'll have to work out the possible costs associated with each..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

You could alway try a SONY store and try get them to do it but i doubt it. Did you contact the retailer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Im going to contact the ebay seller and see what he says,

The Sony center? Ha Ha Ha...... The sony center in Galway uses Currys as its repair center. Its a bloody joke.

I actually work in a store that gets sony stuff from Sony Ireland, I might ring them and see if they could do anything for me, Just say if you bought a camera from the sony center in Dublin and you lost your receipt, where could you send it? Id say it would be better to say i just lost the receipt, than I bought it from ebay in Japan.

Sean.

Ill keep ye posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'd say honesty is a better approach - unless you wanna go removing serial numbers and parts and completely void any warranty..

Karoma wrote:
    I'd say honesty is a better approach - unless you wanna go removing serial numbers and parts and completely void any warranty..

Very true.

• Advertisement

Well I rang sony, they said that I have no Valid Warranty in Europe (which I guessed)

So I could either send it to sony japan and sort out postage and try and deal with them (nightmare) or pay sony europe to repair it, They have a system in place that the Max I can be charged for the repair is €110 including postage. which is a bit of a stinger but it means I get it done in under 3 weeks and it just so happens my company will sort sending it to them (We deal with sony ireland)

not great, but it still works out cheaper than if I had bought it in a Sony Center originally.

sean.

Advertisement