Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV clicksilver DNS Problems

• 09-11-2005 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Anyone else getting DNS problems with UTV?

I browse for a little then I get errors "cannot resolved www.whateever.com".

This has been happening all week.

Is it just me?

Pablo

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

pablo321 wrote:
    Anyone else getting DNS problems with UTV?

I browse for a little then I get errors "cannot resolved www.whateever.com".

This has been happening all week.

Is it just me?

Pablo

Do you use a proxy in your browser?

195.218.116.8 port 3128 it often helps browsing with UTV.

In internet exporer go tools internet options than on the connections tab look or lan settings and you can insert the proxy there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

I have never had these problems before and I never used a proxy, but I'll give that a shot..

Seems like noone else has had this problem.. Maybe it is just me.

Pablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

Pablo,

I get these DNS errors all the time too. When I retry a couple of times it goes away.

Anybody know of any reliable DNS servers that we could switch too? Surely that's a better solution than using a proxy.

Cheers,

The dope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

weeeeeyyyy I'm not alone..

I wonder how big the problem is. It has not happened me for two days.

I'm moving to NTL as soon as I am able.
    Pablo

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

Yeah, I'm moving onto NTL too at the end of the month. Planning to ditch my landline if Blueface works ok on it.

UTV has been fine apart from the 8GB download cap (on my contract) and the intermittent DNS errors.

Cheers,

Dopey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Plankmonkey

I get this occasionally and i need to disconnect and reconnect and its fine. I'm going the clearwire and VoIP route myself. no NTL or Line of sight :-(

Advertisement