Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Ripwave with wireless router

• 09-11-2005 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Some tenants of mine got in Ripwave a few weeks back. As they all have laptops and need to use the Internet simultaneously, I agreed to get them a wireless modem. Having setup wireless for myself with DSL I assumed it would be pretty straight forward.

While the Ripwave has an excellent signal works perfectly when connected directly to a laptop I cannot get it work through the router. Router is assigned the address 192.168.1.1 and the range of available IP are 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.100 with DHCP setup. No problems pinging router from laptop and it is assigning internal IPs to each laptop without any problem.

I was speaking to a friend of mine at work and his theory is that because the router has a non routable address traffic is dropped before it get to the Ripwave modem.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cavanman

Does anyone know if IBB Ripwave bind the connection to a MAC address?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cavanman

Just back from tenants place and think I have it sorted.

It would appear that IBB Ripwave only allow the MAC address of the first computer to connect. I changed the router setting to clone the MAC address of the first computer to connect and it appears to work fine.

Advertisement