Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intro for a website i made

Options
  • 09-11-2005 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

This is Just an intro for one of the websites which i made.
    Suggestions are welcome:)
    I m only a new user.
    :confused:
    I wont gonna give u any virus or all just download. Trust me u mite like it.,:)

www.geocities.com/y_me0

its under intro2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Scraping for (And intended as constructive) criticism:
    - The BMP/Images are quite pixelated (Absolutely within exceptable levels,mind you.) [very minor]
    - There's just a bit too much going on at the one time - moving lines,images,title text and right/body text.. I think it'd be fine if the title/top text was either static or simply: not changing the same time as the body text..
    - The music should end sooner

All in all, VERY nicely done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

i agree with korma, in general i find it too "busy" and find the lines going horizontal distracting and unnessacary as they dont really add to the design.
    good job overall

mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I have to agree with the above - it's all very busy; not too sure what to look at at any given time.

But then I pretty much detest the use of flash (especially intros) on webpages.

aside from that, its boooottiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I like it but I HATE sites that automatically play music...

Here I am, a normal user sitting here listening to McFly or Busted or whatever it is you young people listen to these days, and a site starts playing some piece of music twice the volume of the music I'm listening to... I'm gonna be pretty pissed and close the window straight away.

Perhaps have the music as an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

steveland? wrote:
    I like it but I HATE sites that automatically play music...
    Yup yup yup... that flash intro lasted like 5 seconds on my screen... soon as the music came on I'm like "nope - *click*".
    Already enjoying my own music thx.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

not bad..

a few corrections on the english...

Our belief
    Our proposition... etc

the intro looks nothing like the site it leads to... different colours etc

dont forget the web is about communication...
    flash intros slow down this process...

later
    g
    Yeh I've no problem with sites with flash based interactive menus and content...

Sometimes I think it makes for a great website...

I dislike ANY site with a splash screen or a flash intro that takes ages to load.

I don't see the point in splash screens... "Click here to enter"... I've already visited it I don't see why you'd need to confirm you want to view the site...

Flash intros are sort of the same idea but sometimes they can give a good idea of what the site is about...

Good the first time, next time they get a bit annoying.... Especially the ones with the music :(

Advertisement