Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having problem with SMART broadband tonight?

• 09-11-2005 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, I've been with SMART for a few months now in town, recently moved to Donnycarney (Coolock exchange) and it's been fine since I got it again last week, now tonight I can't connect. I can see the modem OK, but if I check the status on it it just keeps saying 'Connection establishing...' and never connects. I can't ping anything apart from the modem either.

Wondering if it's just my line/account or if there's a general fault with the exchange or Smart's servers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Ring Smart's tech support on 1550 719199 to check - they usually are quite good!

I'm on the Nangor Road, Clondalkin exchange and have no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Fine here in Cork tonight too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Just realised my dialup keep dropping the connection too so looks like there's come problem with the line. Thanks for the replies, especially that tech support no. Cheers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

MOH wrote:
    Just realised my dialup keep dropping the connection too so looks like there's come problem with the line. Thanks for the replies, especially that tech support no. Cheers.

This is also a very good place to seek support:

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Ah Garfields got himself an admins job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

dub45 wrote:
    This is also a very good place to seek support:

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

Brilliant. Thanks a million. First thing I saw - in case anyone else is reading this - is:
    "There is an issue in our Coolock Exchange at the moment which is causing problems with internet connectivity. (Voice is fine).

We will be attending the exchange as early as possible to resolve this. I will update this thread when it is sorted. It will most likely be unavailable until the morning."

Ta dub45

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

MOH wrote:
    Brilliant. Thanks a million. First thing I saw - in case anyone else is reading this - is:
    "There is an issue in our Coolock Exchange at the moment which is causing problems with internet connectivity. (Voice is fine).

We will be attending the exchange as early as possible to resolve this. I will update this thread when it is sorted. It will most likely be unavailable until the morning."

Ta dub45

You are verywelcome - It is nice to see an isp keeping its customers informed of what's happening.

Advertisement