Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i'm going crazy!

• 09-11-2005 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

my friends all offload their issues and problems to me. some might say thats a compliment, however, this means that i always have to be the responsible one, the people always bang on to about their petty little lives and problems. seriously, what would be a polite way of saying **** off i dont care, without causing offence?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ask them what they think is best for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I have the same problem, but with my mother. My parents are divorced, and im the one she talks to when something goes wrong with my bros or whatever. And i got way too much info during the separation and divorce.

People say "oh its nice to be trusted so much" and stuff about how my opinion must be important to her, but that doesnt help much when youve to deal with other peoples problems as well as your own.

I dont actually have a suggestion for you, because I've no idea how you'd go about stopping this. Just wanted to say i know how you feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I know the feeling. Listening is part of being a friend. In saying that, it gets tiresome quite quickly when they're issues are so ****ing minor and petty. When it comes down to it (For me, at least); you have to decide if they're worth keeping.
    I,personally, tell them that their issues are petty and make them realise it. If this isn't enough: offer them the number for the Samaritans or a shrink. (I cannot understand why I have so few friends left..but then,the odd time i need someone to listen-they were rarely there anyhow..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

my friends used to always come to me with probs cos i was the strong one, i could deal with anything, even though i sometimes had probs that i kept to myself. finally when i moved away, i was v upset but the girls were there for me, just goes to show that when I needed them, and had probs i could go to them. think they were really concerned actually cos it was the first time id broken down in front of them. (ive only been friends with them a yr or so, cos i had diff group of friends, who were NOT true friends)

Advertisement