Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

GPS locations for irish Speedtraps

Options
  • 09-11-2005 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Been looking at this very interesting site.

http://www.eiremax.net/speedtraps/

Ive been recording fixed gatso locations on my garmin for the last couple of weeks. Has anyone thought about starting a GPS speedcam database for ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

eiremax hasnt been updated in donkeys its a shambles of a site,im sure some of the spots on it are still used but its fairly outdated now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dilly1

I just got summons in post to appear in court on speeding charges, what a waist of my time and the cops time. the amount of paper work they sent in the letter, the admin costs and Garda man hours, I would say out weigh the
    cost of the fine, anyhoo ... apart from all that complete rubbish (wasted 5 mins of my life reading over the summons), I wasn't even driving the car, it was my neighbour who borrowed it to go into town to see his brother (sent him a nasty e-mail, he is now in OZ for a year). The most annoying thing is that it happened on a stretch of road (dual-carriageway) where there is never any accidents, how come the Keystone Cops never set-up speed traps on small country roads where all the accidents happen !!??

anyone know what the story is with the whole Court thing ? why can the idiots just fine me and get it over with ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

AFAIK any/every speeding offence carries points. You fill in the form staing that you are accepting the points or else you nominate someone else.

Did you recieve/do this ?

You may have to go to Court to state your case and that you friend in OZ was driving. They may request HIS driving licence though !

You will need a solicitor to state your case !

Enjoy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dilly1

I didn't receive anything like that in the post, just a load of drivel about how
    I was filmed by some Plod with a Gatso and the date and time with a pretty little picture. I dunno, sure they are hardly gonna call out the Irish Rangers
    if I don't bother me hole turning up :D although that would be funny, something to tell the lads at work.

Ah sure maybe they will send out a fixed fine later.

also, why do cops pronounce 'vehicle' in such a strange way ?? have you
    ever heard them on TV ? you feel like shaking them and shouting CAR ! CAR !
    CAR ! IT WAS JUST A CAR !! say it ! ......say it ! CAR !!... CAR!!...CAR!!
    And of course there was people in it ! it was the getaway car !! people
    usually sit inside getaway cars !! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Dilly1 wrote:
    'vehicle' in such a strange way ?? have you
    ever heard them on TV ?

push your chin down into your chest, and in a deep monotone:

VE - HICK - CUL

Ta daaaa;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Id presume its gonna be hard to get your neighbour to take the rap but is there not a sheet you can fill in and get the guilty party to sign that puts the points on his licence instead of your own?

Advertisement