Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mars Volta - Scabdates

• 10-11-2005 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

The new live album from the bestest band in the world. has anybody got hold of it yet?

i think its amazing, one solid peice of continuous, often improvised music. lots of new stuff on it, and from all the live mars volta stuff ive seen heard, its by far their best performance.

i recommend it to all fans of any 'intellectually stimulating' music, to borrow the term from the thread which bears its name :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The new live album from the bestest band in the world. has anybody got hold of it yet?

What? Opeth have a new live album now? :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

What? Opeth have a new live album now? :v:

:p you wish! (i wish too)

seriously tho its worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

I started a thread bout this the other day and it got moved to gigs/events:confused:

Anyway i think its great. I havn't seen them live yet, but based on that album i can't wait to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

They playing Ireland again any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

Don't think so. As far as I can remember they didn't schedule any irish dates this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yes, they seem to be allergic to ireland since they played at witnness. theyre playing a load of uk dates during the winter, i just have to get up off my lazy ass and start swimming over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

For a live album the sound quality is absolutely fantastic, probably one of the best ive ever heard. Nearly missed my stop on the bus it had me in some kind of trance. Powerful stuff, I have to say. Not exactly a singalong but what he said if you like that kinda stuff this is solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Saw them play in Prague before they canceled their europien tour due to illness. I was a bit disapointed to be honest. It was loud and 'continuous' alright but I just wasn't that impressed for some reason, which was a pity as I think the band are ****ing great.

I'll check out this album anyway.

Advertisement