Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol light

Options
  • 10-11-2005 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    For some reason the red light with the petrol sign flashes every so often in my car, even when the tank is full. Any ideas why this is? When I rev the engine it goes off and only ever comes on for about a second or two.

any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Corroded connections on the fuel pump/sender unit or a poor earth.Possible wear in sender unit mechanism.What make and model is it?Are you positive its not the battery light that flashes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

What age car and if you do not reve the engine, will it stay on for more than a few seconds or two.

Either way, not knowing anything else about car, I'd say a loose or faulty connection somewhere.

Any other dash related problems, gauge is otherwise linear?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Could be the sensor for the thing, or what Cormie said about corrision. Do you see any other indicators/lights coming on?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

ooops, it turns out it's actually my oil pump! It's a 91 Fiesta! I'll check the oil in the morning and see what the stordy is! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Engine oil level is dangerously low :eek:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
Advertisement