Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky + Manual tune channel 4

• 10-11-2005 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

I was told you could manualy tune your sky box to recieve channel 4. Is this true? If so, how do you do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I was told you could manualy tune your sky box to recieve channel 4. Is this true? If so, how do you do it?

you can manualy tune it in to your other channels section, but you will either need a uk/ni sub viewing card or a ftv card.

you will just get a 08 "This programme cannot be viewed" message.

If you want CH4, try ebay they do ftv cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ballyvo

Is an FTV card different to the standard sky viewing card? Looked on ebay as suggested and some of the cards look like the sky card I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

they will look the same as a standard sky card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

more questions :) anyone feeling generous with answers?

1)as there are two slots on my sky box (pace), is it possible to have both cards inserted at once. Or is it a case of manually swapping the cards

2) will the new channels only be accessible through "services -> other channels"

3) will there be program information available for the new channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,332 ✭✭✭✭Tony

you should get more info in the satellite forum

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

bambam wrote:
    more questions :) anyone feeling generous with answers?

1)as there are two slots on my sky box (pace), is it possible to have both cards inserted at once. Or is it a case of manually swapping the cards

2) will the new channels only be accessible through "services -> other channels"

3) will there be program information available for the new channels

one slot is an interactive slot, used for skys credit card. you will have to manually swap, but use the interactive slot to hold your card when not in use

no, the card will alter your epg to whatever region the ftv card is from

yes as normal, but if your viewing the channel through other channels, it will only show info for the current show.

Advertisement