Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Sleek ADVICE

Options
  • 10-11-2005 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I was gonna buy the Sleek from komplett for €269 + shipping, but i seen the sleek on amazon.com(US) for €212 + shipping and i am not thinking of getting it off amazon. My question is will customs slap a VAT fee on it once it gets delivered to Ireland? And if they do will it only be 21%? Is there anything else i should be wary of buying from the US? (warrenty etc)
    My gf bought dvd boxsets from amazon.com(US) and had no problems with customs or anything like that

Thanks
    (Didn't know where to post this sorry if its in the wrong section;) )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

:bump:

Would amazon mark my package as a present so i don't get hit by customs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

This really isn't the right fourm. You'll want to look for somebody who knows less about gadgets and more an import taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Your point is moot because amazon.com won't ship anything other than CD's/Books/DVD's outside the US and Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

General, where do you live? You can get the Zen Sleek in Tommy's in Blachardstown Shopping Centre for €269... no extra charges & no wait.

Btw good choice in mp3 player. I own one myself and they're the business. Better than an iPod IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

The touch thingy is very annoying though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

sinecurea wrote:
    The touch thingy is very annoying though.
    I like it. At first it's a little intimidating, but now I can navigate with the greatest of ease.

eth0_ wrote:
    Your point is moot because amazon.com won't ship anything other than CD's/Books/DVD's outside the US and Canada

You sure :o

jaqian wrote:
    General, where do you live? You can get the Zen Sleek in Tommy's in Blachardstown Shopping Centre for €269... no extra charges & no wait.

Btw good choice in mp3 player. I own one myself and they're the business. Better than an iPod IMO.

The reason i picked this player over any other is because of the FM radio and FM recording, that did it for me

Advertisement