Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to copy texts over from a Motorola V500 to a PC?

• 10-11-2005 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get around this problem I'm having with mobile Phone Tools 2.20b with a Motorola V500 and a USB cable: I installed the software and was able to copy across all the photos I took and any text messages that were stored on my SIM card (from my previous phone) - but even though I've 71 messages stored on the phone itself, mPT doesn't see them!

Does anyone know if this is due to some flex customization or something or better still, how to get at my texts from the PC? I can view them without any problems on the phone itself! The phone was originally on Orange UK.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I think I could get around my problem if I could do the following: to save/move my texts over from the phone memory to the SIM card. Can this be done on a Motorola Vxxx? I know you can move phone contacts to/from SIM but I don't know how one does this for texts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

To answer my own question ;)

I discovered that MobilEdit! has been updated since the version I have (1.98) which has fixed several SMS downloading bugs - and using the latest version (1.99.03), I was finally able to retrieve my texts! (But not my MMS's, though). mPT 2.20b wasn't able to retrieve the texts from my V500...

It's also possible to force saving of texts to the SIM or phone memory but it has to be done via downloading a SEEM file from the Motorola phone and editing one of the settings (seem 0032, offset 40 bit 6: 0 for phone, 1 for the SIM card). I don't think the Motorolas support moving texts from phone memory to SIM cards.

Advertisement