Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Denim on denim

• 10-11-2005 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

What say ye on the wearing of denim jackets with jeans? A boy band fashion must do, or a Trinny and Suzannah no no?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

mega gay looks ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

big no no... you'd have a hard time getting away with it if you were a girl....

for men its an even worse look... it's either "aspiring young boyband member from blanchardstown" or "i was a roadie for horslips back in the day" - neither are really what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

no way no way no way not ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

It's one of my pet hates. I hate it, and automatically think less of a person for wearing denim on denim :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

thank god someone brought this up.
    Know a few people guilty of this crime.
    I remember I was shopping with an ex a few years ago, and she suggested a denim jack to go with my jeans.... that relationship didnt last...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Guilty.

I wear my denim jeans all the time. They are just me. always have been.

always wanted a denim jacket since i was a teenager. never had one.

my wife wouldnt let me get one either. then this year we were shoping for a jacket and she finally agreed to being in the same room as me with one on because this one looked good.

But it was on the proviso that i didnt wear the jacket with my jeans.

but i love my jeans. and its the only jacket ive got. and i like the jacket.

so poo. im wearing it. dont care what you think. so there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

hell no!! demin jeans, yes! you can wear them with anything. as for demin jackets. they dont go with anything other than jeans and unless you want that oh so cool boyband wannabe image that most early 20 something lads are doing these days then by all means go for. as for the girls that wearing jeans and a denim jacket, sometimes it works, very rarely though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

Definite no for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Hello Ronan Keating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

no, non, nein, geen, het, NO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think its alright but not if you button up the jacket-if you wear a nice jumper or shirt underneath you can pull it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

panda100 wrote:
    I think its alright but not if you button up the jacket-if you wear a nice jumper or shirt underneath you can pull it off

^^Hello Yvonne Keating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

:d ok i cant get a smiley face but thats what its supposed to b!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I have to say I don't think it looks very good in most cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'd be very skeptical of it.
    If you must make sure the jacket is a lot lighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You can wear a denim jacket with skirts, trousers of a different colour or sweats. If you insist on being so wrong as to wearing a denim jacket with jeans please get the jacket and jeans in different washes so you look slightly less ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

no no, i mean that's so like eastern European.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I don't particularly like denim jackets on guys!.. They are ok but they have to be nicely fitted....
    ....... but you can't wear a denim jacket with anything else other than denim jeans or a skirt!!! Denim looks tacky worn with anything else!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭hardtrainer

Of course you can wear denim jackets with jeans, it looks fabulous. I'm thinking skinny legged jeans, white socks, perhaps pushing the sleeves of the denim jacket up to your elbows..oh yeah, looks great.

Denim jackets look tacky and very 80s in a bad way, if you really must have one, just DO NOT wear it with other denim, best mix it with something of a different fabric and colour

• Advertisement
Advertisement