Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water softeners

Options
  • 10-11-2005 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

My apologies if this has been covered to death, but without the search ability its a bit hard to check.

I'm currently living in the drogheda and have pretty hard water to contend with. So I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for solutions to it before everything in my house packs up :)

The main thing I need to watch out for is no salt based solutions since I've young children and such a solution isn't recommended for babies (or so I've heard feel free to correct me if this is not the case).

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

#Washing machines live longer with Calgon#

In Drogheda myself and have the same hardwater. Although i've never done anything about, i regularly see an ad on the back of the freesheet newspapers that come in the door for a company that offer a solution. If you have a quick scan through them, you should see the ad i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Yeah there seem to be a few companies doing the rounds, we live in a hard water area too (and are currently getting by using water softereners in the wash and jug filter the drinking & cooking water), and a guy came to the house trying to sell a membrane filter system costing more than 2 grand !!!
    There are apparently other solutions where a magnetic field is applied to the incoming pipe. Can't recall how exactly this works at the moment, some Google gymnastics should shed light on the matter ... :D

Advertisement