Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you bring a new board to Kiltiernan??

Options
  • 10-11-2005 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Just got a brand spanking new board on ebay and was thinking of trying it out in Kiltiernan. However I've heard that that place is really bad for your board, no idea why, just something I heard a while back.

Anyone any advice on whether or not I should take it for a spin out there.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

superlav wrote:
    Just got a brand spanking new board on ebay and was thinking of trying it out in Kiltiernan. However I've heard that that place is really bad for your board, no idea why, just something I heard a while back.

Anyone any advice on whether or not I should take it for a spin out there.

It is really rough on the edges and base, a night there is like a month on the slopes for wear.

although if you just want to try it out and aren't worried about wear it doesn't matter. just get it waxed and edged before you go away..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I wouldn't even take myself there to be honest! Heard too many horror stories about broken thumbs from catching in the holes in the bristles.
    If you're gonna abuse a board, you'd be better off abusing theirs. Also, you're not going to get a decent feel for the board on the bristles, so you're very likely to end up thinking that you've wasted your money. And you'll be right cos you'll have ruined your board as well!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i dislocated my thumb there right enough but it was worth it, did 4 lessons there as a begineer and when I hit the slopes it was a piss of piss in comparison..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Just had my first lesson there tonight - great fun altogether! Although our instructor did keep telling us how it was a lot harder than real snow ect. Would not advise someone to go without good gloves:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭superlav

Think I'll give it a miss. Have a few years renting behind me, so don't think it'll take me to the next level, wherever that is.

There are a couple of first time snowboarders coming away with me this year, I suppose a few hours in Kiltiernan might save their 'pride' from taking a few hard knocks in the Alps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i also had my first lesson there tonight, twas fun, but sore

the surface is scratchy so id say it'd wreck the end of your board on a long term basis, but if you just wanna try it out, go for it!

Advertisement